From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- a very short section of the Outer ring, opened in 1951 and electrified in 1983,
- a short section of the former Outer freight ring opened in the early 1940s and electrified in 1983,
- the Görlitz line, opened in 1866 and electrified in 1929,
- the Ring line, completed in 1877 and electrified in 1926 and
- the Berlin-Szczecin railway, opened on 1 August 1842 and electrified on 8 August 1924.
A southern extension from Schönefeld station, serving the new Berlin Brandenburg International airport, is expected to open in 2018 or 2019. It will include two new stops: Waßmannsdorf and Berlin Brandenburg Airport (terminal).
- "S-Bahn Network Map" (pdf). S-Bahn Berlin GmbH. 2008-06-27. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- "Pannen-Flughafen BER: Eröffnung rückt in immer weitere Ferne" [Defective BER Airport: opening moves further and further away]. Focus (in German). 22 November 2014. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- Map of the reorganization of the rail system serving the new airport "Berlin Brandenburg"
- (German) Infos and map on "S-Bahn Berlin GMBH" website