This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||23 April 1999|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV) |
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
63% (September 2015 , BARC[dead link])
|Slogan||Haste Raho India (India keep on laughing)|
|Sister channel(s)||Sony TV|
Sony Max 2
Sony Le Plex
Sony BBC Earth
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 126 (SD)|
Channel 127 (HD)
|Big TV||Channel 210 (SD)|
|Dish TV||Channel 107 (SD)|
Channel 106 (HD)
|Tata Sky||Channel 134 (SD)|
Channel 132 (HD)
|Sun Direct||Channel 320 (SD)|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 730 (SD)|
|Videocon d2h||Channel 113 (SD)|
Channel 905 (HD)
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 701|
|OSN (Middle East|
& North Africa)
|Channel 281 (SD)|
|Starsat (Sub-Saharan Africa)||Channel 509 (SD)|
|Parabole Maurice (Mauritius)||Channel 141|
|Parabole Madagascar (Madagascar)||Channel 141|
|Parabole Réunion (Réunion)||Channel 141|
|In Digital||Channel 105 (SD)|
|Siti Cable (Kolkata)||Channel 116 (SD)|
Channel 26 (HD)
|GTPL||Channel 07 (SD)|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 807 (SD)|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 163 (SD) |
Channel 164 (SAB TV on Demand)
|Manthan Digital||Channel 507 (SD)|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 522 (SD)|
|Den Cable||Channel 108|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 172|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 505 (SD)|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 774|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 648|
|My.T (Mauritius)||Channel 38|
|HyppTV (Malaysia)||Channel 342|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Any Where||Watch live (UK only)|
|SonyLIV||/e in Officail (India)|
Sony Sab was launched by Sri Adhikari Brothers on 23 April 1999. At first it was launched as a Hindi-language comedy channel. Sony Pictures Networks took over SAB TV in March 2005 and rebranded it as Sony Sab, with a new focus on general entertainment and eventually turning itselt into a youth channel. In 2008, Sony Sab changed its appeal to being a Hindi-language generalist network.
The high-definition feed of the channel was launched on 5 September 2016.
Sony Sab has two dedicated international feeds.
- ATN SAB TV: Canadian category-B Hindi-language TV network in Canada owned by Asian Television Networks. It broadcasts original series from SAB TV as well as certain Canadian productions.
- SAB TV Asia: A free-to-air channel directed towards Southeast Asia.
- "Adhikaris sell SAB TV brand to Sony for $13 m". The Financial Express (India). 14 March 2005.
- indiantelevision.com Team (11 May 2005). "Smart Buy: Making of the Sony-Sab deal". Indiantelevision Dot Com.
- "SAB TV shifts from pure comedy to general entertainment". 28 October 2005. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Mohanty, Meera (30 August 2008). "SAB to reposition itself as family-oriented comedy channel". Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "SAB HD to launch on 5 September". TelevisionPost.com. Retrieved 2017-07-24.