This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||23 April 1999|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Networks|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)
16:9 (1080i, HDTV)
63% (September 2015 , BARC)
|Slogan||Haste Raho India (India keep on laughing)|
|Sister channel(s)||Sony TV
Sony MAX 2
Sony ROX HD
Sony Le PLEX
Sony BBC Earth
SONY TEN 1
SONY TEN 2
SONY TEN 3
SONY TEN Golf HD
SONY TEN 1 HD
Sony PIX HD
Sony SIX HD
Sony ESPN HD
Sony TV HD
Sony SAB HD
Sony MAX HD
|Airtel digital TV (India)||Channel 126 (SD)
Channel 127 (HD)
|Big TV (India)||Channel 210 (SD)|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 107 (SD)
Channel 106 (HD)
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 134 (SD)
Channel 132 (HD)
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 320 (SD)|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 810 (SD)|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 113 (SD)
Channel 905 (HD)
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 701|
|OSN (Middle East
& North Africa)
|Channel 281 (SD)|
|Starsat (Sub-Saharan Africa)||Channel 509 (SD)|
|In Digital (India)||Channel 105 (SD)|
|Siti Cable (Kolkata)||Channel 116 (SD)
Channel 26 (HD)
|GTPL (India)||Channel 07 (SD)|
|Virgin Media (UK)||Channel 807 (SD)|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 163 (SD)
Channel 164 (SAB TV on Demand)
|Manthan Digital (India)||Channel 507 (SD)|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 522 (SD)|
|Den Cable (India)||Channel 108|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 172 (Came Back Soon)|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 505 (SD)|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 774|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 648|
|My.T (Mauritius)||Channel 38|
|HyppTV (Malaysia)||Channel 342|
|TVPlayer||Watch live (UK only)|
|Any Where||Watch live (UK only)|
|SonyLIV||Watch live (India)|
SAB TV is an Indian Hindi-language based general entertainment television channel owned by Sony Pictures Networks India specializing in comedy shows and light hearted soap operas. SAB TV HD launched on Monday, 5 September, 2016 on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. The channel rebranded on the 13 June 2017 at 8:46 PM to unveil a new look and new shows.
SAB TV was launched by Sri Adhikari Brothers on April 23, 1999. At first it was a Hindi language Comedy Channel. Sony Pictures Networks took over this channel in March 2005 and it became a Comedy to general entertainment channel and then a youth channel. In 2008, this channel returned to being a Hindi language General Entertainment Channel with family oriented comedy programming.
SAB TV has two dedicated channels in Canada and Asia.
- ATN SAB TV :- Canadian category B Hindi Language TV channel in Canada owned by Asian Television Networks (ATN).This channel telecast original programs from SAB TV as well as from Canadian channels.
- SAB TV Asia :- A Free to Air (FTA) channel for Asian versions of SAB TV's broadcasts.
SAB TV always highlights on Family Entertainment.This channel telecast its shows on evening to night time because in the mentioned time all the member of family gather together after their days work and they can enjoy SAB TV's shows and also they can spend some times together in their busy lifestyle.
SAB TV broadcast several programs including Fantasy, Comedy show, Drama show, Thriller,Love Story,Silent Comedy etc.
- "SAB HD to launch on 5 September". TelevisionPost.com. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "SAB TV aims to change female-male skew with HD launch | Indian Television Dot Com". Indiantelevision.com. 2016-09-02. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- Sony SAB rebrands to a happier avatar - Best Media Info
- "Adhikaris sell SAB TV brand to Sony for $13 m". The Financial Express (India). 14 March 2005.
- indiantelevision.com Team (11 May 2005). "Smart Buy: Making of the Sony-Sab deal". Indiantelevision Dot Com.
- "SAB TV shifts from pure comedy to general entertainment". October 28, 2005. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- "SAB to reposition itself as family-oriented comedy channel". October 2, 2008. Retrieved January 13, 2018.