|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Parent||Sony Pictures Networks India|
|Launched||23 April 1999|
|Former names||SAB TV (1999-2005)|
|In Digital||Channel 105 (SD)|
|GTPL||Channel 05 (SD)|
|Manthan Digital||Channel 507 (SD)|
|Den Cable||Channel 107|
|Asianet Digital TV (India)||Channel 505 (SD)|
Channel 853 (HD)
|Kerala Vision Digital TV (India)||Channel 205 (SD)|
Channel 830 (HD)
|Airtel digital TV||Channel 126 (SD)|
Channel 127 (HD)
|Tata Sky||Channel 134 (SD)|
Channel 132 (HD)
|Dish TV & d2h||Channel 125 (SD)|
Channel 124 (HD)
|Sun Direct||Channel 320 (SD)|
|SonyLIV||Watch Sony SAB TV Live (India)|
Sony SAB was launched as SAB TV by Gautam Adhikari and Markand Adhikari under their company Sri Adhikari Brothers (thus the acronym) on 23 April 1999. At first, it was launched as a Hindi-language comedy channel. Sony Pictures Networks took over SAB TV in March 2005 and rebranded it as Sony SAB, with a new focus on general entertainment and eventually turning itself into a youth channel. In 2008, Sony SAB changed its appeal to being a Hindi-language generalist network.
Yes Boss was the Flagship Show of SAB TV when the channel was launched in 1999. The channel got its high ratings because of this show. Yes Boss is one of the longest-running show on the channel. After Yes Boss, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah became the longest-running and its flagship show which has been on air since 2008.
Sony SAB's current programming includes Hero – Gayab Mode On, Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah, Ziddi Dil Maane Na, Tera Yaar Hoon Main, Maddam Sir, Wagle Ki Duniya - Nayi Peedhi Naye Kissey, Shubh Laabh'' - Aapkey Ghar Mein
- "Will Sony SAB's rebranding efforts pay off? - The Financial Express". www.financialexpress.com. 29 July 2019.
- "Adhikaris sell SAB TV brand to Sony for $13 m". The Financial Express (India). 14 March 2005.
- indiantelevision.com Team (11 May 2005). "Smart Buy: Making of the Sony-Sab deal". Indiantelevision Dot Com.
- "SAB TV shifts from pure comedy to general entertainment". 28 October 2005. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Mohanty, Meera (30 August 2008). "SAB to reposition itself as family-oriented comedy channel". Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "SAB HD to launch on 5 September". TelevisionPost.com. Archived from the original on 2 September 2016. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah: It's been 10 years, 2500 episodes but Tapu Sena, Gokuldham members feel like it's just the beginning". Mumbai Mirror.