|Focus||Automotive, Automobile, Aerospace, Commercial vehicle.|
|Method||Industry standards, Conferences, Publications.|
|Slogan||The Engineering Society for Advancing Mobility in Land Air and Space|
SAE India is an affiliate society of SAE International, registered as an Indian non profit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of mobility community in India. As an individual member driven society of mobility practitioners, SAEINDIA comprises members who are individuals from the mobility community, which includes engineers, executives from industry, government officials, academics and students. Principal emphasis is placed on transport industries such as automotive, aerospace, and commercial vehicles.
SAE India was formed in India in 1994-95 with Dr. Pawan Goenka, appointed as advisor for India. The SAE president held discussions with the Indian automotive industry and as a result, the Western India Section was established. SAE India sections were formed all across the country. In 2007 Baja SAE India was launched which proved to be the growing crop of engineers from colleges across the country to showcase their talent and fuel the growth of the Indian automotive industry. In 2008, Formula SAE India was launched with the name of SUPRA SAE India. This event provides a real world engineering challenge for the SAE India student members that reflects the steps involved in the entire process from design and engineering to production to marketing and endurance.
Exhibitions, conferences and symposia
SAE India organizes international meetings and exhibitions each year that cover all aspects of technology related to design, manufacture, and total life cycle technology for the automotive, aerospace, off-highway, truck and bus, fuels and lubricants, and other related mobility industries. These events bring engineers and technical experts from around the world together to share information and network.
Some of the events conducted by SAEINDIA are:
- 7th SAE India International Mobility Conference & Exposition held at New Delhi, Jan 2012.
- 16th Asia Pacific Automotive Engineering Conference (APAC-16).
- Third International Conference on Automotive and Fuel Technology
- FISITA International Conference held at Chennai, Oct 2011.
- Lurizol International Seminar held at Chennai, Oct 2011.
- 8th International Symposium on Fuels and Lubricants (ISFL) in collaboration with IOCL.
- Symposium on International Automotive Technology (SIAT ) in collaboration with ARAI.
- SAE India International Mobility Conference&Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress (SIMCOMVEC) to be held chennai, Dec. 2013.
SAE India Symposia are one-day to three-day events focused on emerging technologies, new applications to emerging technologies or other expanded technical subjects. Additional activities and events are organized at the regional level through sections and collegiate chapters.
SAE Inida holds a variety of competitions every year for engineering students across the country.
Baja SAE India
- SAE International
- Baja SAE
- Formula SAE
- Autosports India
- Association of Licensed Automobile Manufacturers
- "SAE India General". SAE India. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Post, Robert C. (2005). The SAE Story: One Hundred Years of Mobility. San Diego, California: Tehbai Books. p. 29. ISBN 0-7680-1489-1.
- "Mahindra and SAE India announce the launch of 5th edition of BAJA SAE India 2012". Mahindra. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "Abhivyakti 7 Ages" (One). January 2013: 128. Retrieved 2012-07-31. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "UMag" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "UMag" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "SAE India is pleased to organize, SUPRA SAE India 2014". SAEIndia. March 16, 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "SIAT 2013". ARAI. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "SAE India Competitions". SAEINDIA. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "Baja SAE India received huge response for Registration". Baja SAE India. March 16, 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "SAEINDIA Efficycle Competition". SAEINDIA Northern Section. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "SAEINDIA ECO KART Competition". SAEINDIA Northern Section. Retrieved 2014-07-21.
- 2007 Baja SAEINDIA winner
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology Auragabad Wins JK Tyre Baja SAE India 2010
- JK Tyre Baja SAEINDIA 2011 concludes on a high
- BAJA SAE India 2012 Results
- Team Nemesis from Pune wins BAJA SAE India 2013
- Team GS Racers from Indore win Baja SAE India 2014
- Team Nemesis from College of Engineering, Pune win 2015 Baja SAE India
- Official website
- BAJA SAEINDIA
- Baja Tutor - Knowledge Base & Parts Procurement forum for BAJA ATV Enthusiasts
- SUPRA SAEINDIA
- SIMCOMVEC 2013
- Effi Cycle
- SAE International
- SAE Brasil
- SAE Australasia