SAFF Club Championship
The South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) announced in April 2011 that they had decided to start a new tournament for association football club sides, the SAFF Club Championship, with the inaugural edition to be held in Bangladesh from 1–15 September of the same year. However the competition was postponed and desires to revive the competition were again announced in July 2013 but the competition has still not started with accusations that India, the prime nation in the competition, are not altogether interested in participating.
Sri Lanka was supposed to host first edition in August 2014. That however did not happen.
- "Bangladesh to host inaugural SAFF club championship". Zeenews.india.com. 2011-04-18. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Salauddin laments India's lack of initiative towards SAFF Club Championship". Goal India. 2013-07-30. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- "First ever South Asian Club Championship to be played in Sri Lanka". SouthAsiaFootball.com. 2014-03-13. Retrieved 2014-03-13.
- "Bangladesh to host SAFF Suzuki Cup". maldivessoccer.com. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "SAFF to hold biennial club tournament from 2018". Dawn. 6 October 2016. Retrieved 9 October 2016.