This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Original author(s)||Louis Louw, Jay Krivanek|
2017.6 / July 3, 2017
|Operating system||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Type||Internet Radio Broadcasting|
SAM Broadcaster is an Internet radio broadcasting application by Spacial. The name "SAM" is an acronym for Streaming Audio Manager, which describes the software's functionality.
The software features functionality for running an Internet radio station from a single computer. It can be used for running Live Shows with a DJ selecting the tracks to be played and mixing the sound as well as completely automated, where the programming is controlled by various rulesets outlined by the operator using PAL scripts to select tracks and queue shows.
SAM Broadcaster connects to most common streaming servers, such as SHOUTcast and SHOUTcast2 as well as some web servers like Live365 or the company's own paid stream hosting services, CheapestStream and SpacialNet.
For statistical purposes the listener counts as reported by the streaming servers are displayed as a graph in the GUI. The software also comes with a tool to generate reports on listener count and played tracks as required by various licensing bodies, including ASCAP, BMI and SESAC for royalty purposes.
Supported server types
Supported encode formats
Integration with other products
SAM Broadcaster integrates seamlessly with SAM Cast, SAM DJ and SAM Broadcaster Cloud. It is also very easy to list your station on AudioRealm, TuneIn, etc. The SAM Broadcaster Cloud service comes with a restricted edition of the SAM Broadcaster desktop software to enable Live streaming through the SAM Cloud platform.
- SAM Broadcaster v2 was the first popular version of the software.
- SAM Broadcaster v3 was the second popular version of this software.
- SAM Broadcaster v4 included new milestone features like AAC Encoding.
- SAM Broadcaster 2013 comes with official support for Windows 8, FLAC decoding and integrates the Cloud-based broadcasting service SAM Vibe.
- SAM Broadcaster 2015 introduces decoding of M4A files and support for Windows 10
In 2013 Spacial changed the versioning scheme to count all releases within a calendar year, regardless of major or minor release characteristics. In addition to that the licensing changed to a yearly subscription model. The license grants access to all updates within one year of subscribing, but allows perpetual usage of all releases from the license term.
SAM Broadcaster is also used by hobbyist broadcasters and indie broadcasters to create their own genre-dedicated radio stations.
SAM Broadcaster was also requested for use at SXSW for broadcasting during the festival in 2013.
- "SAM Broadcaster Changelog". spacial.com. Spacial Audio Solutions, LLC.
- "SAM Broadcaster - Radio Automation Software". spacial.com. Spacial Audio Solutions, LLC.
- "SAM Broadcaster Cloud > Knowledgebase > Being Listed on TuneIn.com". spacial.com. Spacial Audio Solutions, LLC.
- Terdiman, Daniel (2007). "Interactive Business Opportunities". The entrepreneur's guide to Second life : making money in the metaverse (Google eBook) (illustrated ed.). Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons. pp. 215–216. ISBN 0-470-17914-7. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Radio Stories". spacial.com. Spacial Audio Solutions, LLC.