This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Software, Multimedia, Education|
|Founded||Tandberg, Norway (1961), whose educational technology business acquired by Teleste, Finland (1984), SANAKO spinoff 2003|
Number of locations
|Offices in China, Finland, India, UK, United Arab Emirates, United States (July 2011)|
|Worldwide through business partners|
|Services||Training, Online Training, Helpdesk, Remote System Support, Maintenance, Installation|
Sanako's multimedia learning solutions are used by universities, schools, educational institutions and corporations in more than 100 countries. Based in Finland, the company has sales offices in China, India, UAE, UK and US. Sanako supports its over 30,000 classroom installations through a network of over 200 business partners worldwide.
- In 1961, Tandberg created its first language lab.
- in 1984, Tandberg Educational, the language education division of Tandberg A/S, was acquired by Teleste.
- In 1991, The first language lab that a teacher could manage using a graphical user interface on a PC.
- In 2000, Developed the first virtual language lab product.
- In 2001, Management buyout, the founded company was called Divace.
- In 2002, Local office established in China.
- In 2003, Sanako brand.
- In 2004, The best New Education Solution Award granted by SIIA.
- In 2004, Regional office opened in the U.S.
- In 2005, Local offices established in France and United Arab Emirates.
- In 2006, The company joined Microsoft and Blackboard partners networks.
- In 2007, Sanako Study product certified for Microsoft Windows Vista.
Products and services
Multimedia learning solutions have been designed for use on PCs, providing tutors live interaction with students during cross-curricular teaching, and making multimedia, Internet resources and classroom management tools available. Products for multimedia learning include Sanako Study 1200, Sanako Study 700, Sanako Study 500, Sanako Lab 300.
Language learning solutions include traditional language labs, PC-based multimedia suites, and mobile and wireless systems. Current products for language learning are Sanako Lab 100, Sanako Lab 300, and Sanako Study 1200.
Classroom management solutions allow tutors manage the technology resources used during live learning sessions. Products for classroom management include Sanako Study 500, Sanako Study 700, Sanako Study 1200, and Sanako Study Modules.
Professional services provided by Sanako and its global partner network include training, system installation, helpdesk, maintenance, and remote system support.
External analog and digital devices used during classes can be connected to a number of Sanako products for integrated teaching environment. The company has integrated some of its products with [Blackboard Inc.|Blackboard Academic Suite]. Sanako is co-operating with SIVECO in order to introduce integrated content products to the technology platform.
Sanako's learning systems can be extended to wireless handheld devices. The Nokia N810 Internet Tablet has been integrated with the classroom management solution, allowing students to personalise their learning environment and teachers to monitor classroom use of the devices.
- Codie Award 2004
- Teleste Oy History
- Aston University Languages & Social Sciences E-Learning Centre
- University of Florida, A View of the Language Learning Center (since ca. 1949)
- Digital Media Europe: SANAKO, Siveco Co-operation
- IT Portal: SANAKO handheld learning solution on the Nokia N810
- Sanako General Distributor Switzerland