SAP NetWeaver Process Integration
SAP NetWeaver Process Integration (SAP PI) is SAP's enterprise application integration (EAI) software, a component of the NetWeaver product group used to facilitate the exchange of information among a company's internal software and systems and those of external parties. Before the current version, SAP PI was called SAP Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI). Like other NetWeaver components, SAP PI is compatible with software products of other companies.
SAP calls PI an integration broker because it mediates between entities with varying requirements in terms of connectivity, format, and protocols. According to SAP, PI reduces the TCO by providing a common repository for interfaces. The central component of SAP PI is the SAP Integration Server, which facilitates interaction between diverse operating systems and applications across internal and external networked computer systems.
PI is built upon the SAP Web Application Server.
First release of SAP Exchange Infrastructure was XI 2.0. Later on, releases 3.0, 7.0, 7.1, 7.1 EHP1, 7.3 and 7.31 followed. From release 7.0 onwards, SAP Exchange Infrastructure has been renamed as SAP Process Integration (SAP PI).
- Stumpe, Jens; Joachim Orb (2005). SAP Exchange Infrastructure. SAP Press. ISBN 1-59229-037-X.
- Nicolescu, Valentin; Burkhardt Funk; Peter Niemeyer; Matthias Heiler (2006). Entwicklerbuch SAP Exchange Infrastructure. SAP Press. ISBN 3-89842-810-9.
- Banner, Marcus; Heinzpeter Klein; Christian Riesener (2009). Mastering SAP NetWeaver PI — Administration. SAP Press. ISBN 978-1-59229-321-6.
- Krimmel, Mandy; Joachim Orb (2010). SAP NetWeaver Process Integration. SAP Press. ISBN 978-1-59229-344-5.
- Comparison of business integration software
- Single Sign-On
- Secure Socket Layer
- Secure Network Communications
- SAP Logon Ticket
- Process Integration (PI) & SOA Middleware discussions, blogs, documents and videos on the SAP Community Network (SCN)
- SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Overview Page
- SAP Library - SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure
- SAP Process Integration Handbook