SAP Solution Manager
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
SAP Solution Manager is a product developed by the software company SAP SE. It Offers end-to-end application lifecycle management to streamline business processes and proactively address improvement options, increasing efficiency and decreasing risk within SAP customers' existing maintenance agreements. managing the application lifecycle
SAP Solution Manager is a central support and system management suite provided to SAP's customers as part of their license agreement. As an SAP system landscape may include a large number of installed SAP and non-SAP systems, SAP Solution Manager is intended to reduce and centralize the management of these systems as well as end-to-end business processes. SAP Solution Manager covers the complete application lifecycle of SAP's customer solutions running on premise, hybrid or in the cloud. The modern and intelligent IT management platform empowers IT organizations for the future of business. With this highly integrated solution SAP customers can implement, maintain, run, and adopt all enterprise solutions – even non-SAP software – while supporting business innovation, business continuity, and efficient operations.
In an SAP customer's landscape, SAP Solution Manager is the managing system, and the business suite applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, BI, EP) are the managed systems. Non-SAP systems in the landscape can also be covered over the solution life-cycle. The managed customer landscape can consist of on-premise, cloud, or a combination of both. Business processes can also be documented during the entire solution lifecycle, making the platform an important business platform as well as an IT platform.
The current release of SAP Solution Manager is 7.2, which provides features for both IT and business users for enhancing, automating and improving the management of SAP and non-SAP systems:
- Project Management
- Process Management
- Test Suite
- Change Control Management
- IT Service Management
- Application Operations
- Business Process Operations
- Landscape Management
- Data Volume Management
- Custom Code Management ..
The current version of SAP Solution Manager is SAP Solution Manager 7.2, available since August 2016.
Support Package Stack 07 for SAP Solution Manager 7.2 was released in May 2018, delivering new innovations for running SAP solutions. Accordingly, the product’s documentation was updated with new release information.
- Availability Management
- Capacity Management
- Change Management
- Event Management
- Financial Management
- Incident Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Knowledge Management
- Problem Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Service Catalog Management
- Service Level Management
- Service Portfolio Management
Some of the claimed benefits of using SAP Solution Manager 7.2 are that it helps:
- Support the orchestration of the entire end-to-end customer solution via business process modeling, change control, IT service management and a robust monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Is the value companion for implementing and operation all of SAP's next generation products, such as SAP S/4HANA
- Provides simple, web-based user interfaces and management dashboards, and embedded graphical modeling capability
- Increases efficiency with both Application and Business Process Operations for central control of critical operations support tasks
- Support the business with business process modeling, automated business blueprint generation, and business process usage analysis and analytics
- Provide customers with generous usage rights for support of non-SAP components and without the need for named system users, included in the customer's SAP Enterprise Support contract
SAP Solution Manager 7.2 also features improved support for hybrid (on-premises and on-cloud) landscapes, as well as new user interfaces based on SAP Fiori. 7.2 can also run on the SAP HANA database as an option. The SAP Solution Manager Product Roadmap presentation has been updated with more details.
- Melich, Matthias (2016). SAP Solution Manager for SAP S/4HANA (1st Edition). SAP Press.
- SAP Solution Manager - ITIL Certified
- Melich, Matthias (2016). SAP Solution Manager for SAP S/4HANA (1st Edition). SAP Press. p. 25. ISBN 978-1-4932-1414-3.
- Marc Schäfer, Matthias Melich: SAP Solution Manager for SAP S/4HANA (1st Edition) SAP Press, 2016, ISBN 978-1-4932-1414-3
- Nathan Williams: IT Service Management in SAP Solution Manager SAP Press, 2013, ISBN 978-1-59229-440-4
- Lars Teuber, Corina Weidmann, and Liane Will: Monitoring and Operations with SAP Solution Manager SAP Press, 2014, ISBN 978-1-59229-884-6
- Michael Kloffer, Marc Thier: Performing End-to-end Root Cause Analysis Using SAP Solution Manager SAP Press, 2008, ISBN 1-59229-189-9, ISBN 978-1-59229-189-2