|Privately held company|
|Founded||San Antonio, Texas, USA (1976 )|
|Headquarters||1717 SAS Drive, San Antonio, Texas, USA 78224|
|Products||Shoes, Purses, socks, shoe care|
San Antonio Shoemakers (SAS) is an American shoe manufacturer that was founded in 1976 in San Antonio, Texas. The company specializes in handcrafted men's shoes, women's shoes, and handbags. They are a family-owned company which manufactures their shoes in Texas, United States of America. Some shoe operations, such as hand stitching and hand lacing, are done in Acuna, Mexico on a few select SAS styles. The majority of shoe operations are conducted at two US based factories in San Antonio, Texas and Del Rio, Texas.
SAS has also been known to help the community in times of need. A team of volunteers from SAS in their Comfort and Support Team visit disaster areas to fit folks with free shoes when they are in need.
According to the SAS website, the Comfort and Support Team has donated over 14,000 pairs of shoes so far, along with other necessities, to victims of natural disasters.
Products and availability
SAS shoes are available on the Internet at SASshoes.com. They can also be purchased at SAS locations across the US and in 11 foreign countries. Their products are sold in branded SAS stores, as well as sold in numerous multi-line shoe stores. SAS's primary competitors in the comfort shoe market are: Bostonian, Clarks, Dansko, Ecco and New Balance.
The SAS Shoe Factory and General Store, located on the South Side of San Antonio near the intersection of SW Military Drive and S. Zarzamora Street, offers a factory tour.
- "Obituary: SAS Shoes was the perfect fit for Armstrong". San Antonio Express-News. November 12, 2007. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- "San Antonio Shoes - Our Heritage". SAS Shoemakers. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- George Breithaupt (October 9, 2009). "National shoe store coming to Mount Vernon". Mount Vernon News. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- Mike D. Lammi (February 17, 2009). "Fitting milestone: Shotwell family has owned Miller Shoe Parlor in Jackson for 50 years". mlive.com. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- "SAS Shoe Factory and General Store Factory Tour". FactoryToursUSA.com. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|