SCAA Causeway Bay RFC
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Union||Hong Kong Rugby Union|
|Location||Sai Kung Tang Shiu Kin Sports Ground, 5,000 capacity, So Kon Po, Hong Kong Island|
|Director of Rugby||Sam Pinder|
|Leagues||HKRFC Premiership, Hong Kong Senior League, Colts League, Mini-Rugby League|
|Teams||Rams (Premiership), Sharks (CLI), Pirates & Marines (CLII), Contenders (CLIII), Phoenix (Senior Women), Pheasants (Women 10's), boys & girls colts, minis|
|Affiliate||South China Athletic Association|
|Sponsors||Standard Life, Australian Nutrition & Sports, Carnegie's, Hans Andersen Club|
SCAA First Pacific CWB Phoenix was founded in 1988 as a development side with the aim of fostering greater participation and enjoyment of rugby among Hong Kong's local Chinese population. Originally an all-Chinese team, CWB Rams began to recruit expatriate players in 1992 and made its debut in the second division in 1994. The club's development has accelerated since then and joined the first division in 2004.
2012-2013 Premiership squad
in bold = players internationals
Note: Flags indicate national union as has been defined under WR eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-WR nationality.
SCAA CWB Management Committee
- Umesh Desai - Chairman
- Harvey Gilbert - Vice-Chairman & Membership
- Pierre-Antoine Montfort - Treasurer
- J William Riggs - Secretary
- Jimson Lam / Dan Tabatabai - Events
- Carol Slawson - Mini Chair
- Tom Phillips - Communication
- Mark Loynd - Kit
- Guido Phillips - Club Captain
- Thomas Leung - SCAA Liaison
- Hoty Chan/ Bella Mo - Women's Section
Past notable male players
- Sam Pinder - Scottish international, former Glasgow Warriors player.
- Jung Ho Jung - Hong Kong international.
- Rambo Leung - Hong Kong international.
- Mark Loynd - Hong Kong international.
- Kelvin Yip - Hong Kong international.
Female Hong Kong international players from SCAA Causeway Bay RFC
- "History of SCAA Causeway Bay RFC". SCAA CWB.