SCC (Specialist Computer Centres)
|Private limited company|
Data Centre & Cloud Services
|James Rigby, Chief Executive
John Bland, MD of UK Sales
Mike Swain, MD of Services Europe
Tracy Westall, MD of Corporate Services
Peter Whitfield, European Finance Director
Paul Everatt, CIO
Number of employees
|~5,000 (SCC EMEA, 2015)|
|Parent||Rigby Group PLC|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
SCC is Europe's largest independent Information Technology services business, with over 2,500 customers in more than 50 countries. SCC plans, supplies, integrates and manages IT for leading public and private sector businesses across Europe. The business operates from 75 locations in the UK, France, Spain and Romania.
SCC is the technology division of Rigby Group PLC, owned by Sir Peter Rigby (Chairman), a £2bn international business with six key divisions: technology, hotels, airports, aviation, property and financial services.
SCC is headquartered in Birmingham, UK.
In 1975, Sir Peter Rigby, founded Specialist Computer Recruitment (SCR). An outsourcing operation, Specialist Computer Services (SCS) opened in 1980, followed by the creation of SCC in 1982. Throughout the 1980s, SCC offices were opened in numerous UK cities, including London and Edinburgh. The 1990s saw the beginning of a new strategy - expansion by acquisition not growth. SCC has staged regular takeovers since 1995 (see below for full list), the most recent being the acquisition of Citrix reseller IQ Sys Limited.
In 2002, Peter Rigby was knighted for his contribution to IT and business in the Midlands.
SCC published figures of £2.041 billion turnover for 2008, making SCC the largest privately owned business in the West Midlands and 15th largest in the UK overall. Further acquisitions saw turnover increase to £2.48 billion in 2011.
Formerly registered as a subsidiary of the holding group SCH, the company previously operated alongside a sister company - Specialist Distribution Group (SDG) - which was sold in 2012 to Tech Data. Since the sale all technology operations have been consolidated under the SCC brand.
- 1986 Byte Shop Group.
- PC and training arm of Applied Micros acquired.
- 1995 Scotbyte Computers and Supplies purchased.
- 1997 Maintenance arm of Network SI acquired.
- 1998 Qudis purchased from HP.
- 1999 Lantec and Elcom UK acquired.
- 2000 Info'Products/Allium.
- 2001 Compelsource.
- EBC Informatique.
- Metrologie France.
- Metrologie Systems.
- Unix infrastructure wing of Acuma purchased.
- IT services arm of ATR Group acquired.
- Triaton purchased from HP Germany.
- 2005 TBI-Proxis.
- 2006 MVS Srl purchased from IBM Italia.
- 2007 IT247
- Interface Solutions International Limited
- System Loans Services Limited
- SCC Italia and MVS sold to Bartolini s.p.a.
- IQ Sys Limited
- Ares Infrastructures' Maintenance and Hosting division
- Register article, 22/7/09 .
- Fast Track 2009 Top Track 100 league table, published 28 June 2009 in The Sunday Times. .
- "£2.48 billion turnover and 7,000 employees in five key European countries". www.scc.com. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Tech Data completes SDG acquisition". Retrieved 27 May 2016.