SCORE Class 1
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
SCORE Class 1 is an open-wheel unlimited-class that competes in the SCORE off-road race series including the Baja 1000, Baja 500, San Felipe 250 and the SCORE Desert Challenge. Class 1 is defined as an unlimited four-wheel single and two-seat vehicles. No production bodied vehicles allowed in this class. Engines must be normally aspirated. Since it is an open-class, all components are considered open unless restricted by SCORE International.
Vehicle numbers have become permanently assigned to each driver. Numbers 100-109 is reserved for the prior years driver standings for positions 1-9 respectfully. Numbers 100-199 will be available for assignment. Driver's who have used a number in the prior years season will be given first option for the same number in the current season.
Class 1 vehicles are most often two-wheel drive, and most feature a 4130 chromoly tube-frame chassis covered by a composite body with an aluminium interior containing either a single or two seats.
The Class 1 features an 125" wheelbase with 37" tires on 17" lightweight wheels attached to Fox Shocks or King Shocks allowing 22" of wheel travel, with a dry weight of 3500 pounds and 60 gallon fuel cell.
Unlimited. Usually V8, rarely V6. 500BHP and greater.
May not have a production appearing Utility or Sport Utility body.
Notable race teams
- All German Motorsports - Armin Schwarz, Martin Christensen, Armin Kremer
- Letner Racing - Kory Halopoff, Harley Letner
- McMillin Racing - Daniel McMillin
- Class1Racing.com - Paul Keller
- Wilson Motorsports - Randy Wilson, Ronny Wilson
- LVDC- Pat Dean
- DanZio Racing - Josh Daniel
- Cops Racing Team
- "SCORE OFF-ROAD RACING – SCORE-International.com". score-international.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- SCORE International Off-Road Racing Rules and Regulations 2011-2015.
- "FOX — Redefining Ride Dynamics". www.ridefox.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- "King Off-Road Racing Shocks: Coil Overs, Bypass, OEM, UTV, Air Shocks, Bump Stops, Springs, Replacment Parts, Tools, Springs « King Off-Road Racing Shocks : kingshocks.com". www.kingshocks.com. Retrieved 2015-12-28.
- SCORE International (2006). "2006-2010 Off-Road Racing Rules and Regulations".
- SCORE International. "2009 New Classes & Existing Class Rule Amendments"
- Official SCORE International website
- Official SCORE International Journal
- Official SCORE International Carbon TV channel
|This motorsport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|