Sport Clube União Torreense is a Portuguese association football club, founded in Torres Vedras in 1917, with the original name Sport União Torreense. It participated six times in the Portuguese Liga (last in 1991–92 season) and its best result was two seventh final places (1955–56 and 1956–57), coincidentally the team's first two years in the top flight. Torreense participated in the 1956 final of the Cup of Portugal, where they lost 2–0 to FC Porto. They also played in Portuguese Second Division (second level) between 1952 and 1955, 1959 to 1964, 1965 to 1972, 1973 to 1977, 1978 to 1981, 1982 to 1991, 1992 to 1995 and 1997 to 1998. Its stadium was built in 1925 and has a capacity of 12,000 people.
In the 2008–09 season, they were relegated from Group D of Portuguese Second Division. In the 2009–10 season, they finished Promotion Group E of Portuguese Third Division on second place and in 2010–11 they returned to the Portuguese Second Division, finishing it in third place.
- National Champion of Portuguese Second Division: 1954–55
- Winner of South Zone of Portuguese Second Division: 1963–64
- Winner of C Series of Portuguese Third Division: 1972–73
- Winner of D Series of Portuguese Third Division: 1976–77
- Winner of Center Zone of Portuguese Second Division: 1996–97
|This article about a Portuguese football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|