|Full name||Sociedad Deportiva Formentera|
|Nickname(s)||Rojillos, Rojinegros, Formenterenses|
|Founded||7 September 1971|
|Ground||Municipal, Sant Francesc Xavier, Formentera,|
|Head coach||Ivan Gómez Roa|
|League||3ª B – Group 3|
|2017–18||2ª B – Group 3, 17th (relegated)|
Sociedad Deportiva Formentera is a football team based in Sant Francesc Xavier, Formentera in the Balearic Islands. The team plays in Tercera División – Group 3. The club's home ground is the Estadi Municipal, which has a capacity of 500 spectators.
Founded in 1969, in 1979–80 the club took part in Tercera División, ending in relegation. It also entered the year's Copa del Rey, dispatching UD Porreras 3–2 on aggregate in the first round before falling 2–0 to Atlético Baleares in the second round.
Formentera returned to the fourth division in 2012, after winning the regional Preferente. In 2015–16, they reached the second round of the cup with a 2–1 win at Segunda División B team CD Alcoyano, and a year later they reached the last 32 of the competition before a 14–2 aggregate loss to La Liga team and UEFA Europa League holders Sevilla FC.
In that 2016–17 season, Formentera promoted for the first time ever to the third division after defeating Alavés B in the promotion play-offs. The following season, they reached again the round of 32 of the Copa del Rey, where they eliminated top level club Athletic Bilbao after winning in San Mamés with a goal in the sixth minute of stoppage time; in the last 16 they were eliminated by another top-flight Basque team, Deportivo Alavés, and the league season ended with instant relegation.
Season to season
- As of 16 November 2017.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- "Segunda eliminatoria (ida)" [Second round (second leg)] (PDF) (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. 22 November 1979. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "El Formentera elimina al Alcoyano en la Copa del Rey" [Formentera eliminate Alcoyano from the Copa del Rey] (in Spanish). Diario de Ibiza. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "Barcelona's reserves rout Hercules 7-0 in Copa del Rey". USA Today. AP. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 24 December 2016.
- "El Formentera asciende a Segunda B" (in Spanish). Diario de Ibiza. 28 May 2017. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "Álvaro Muñiz, el farmacéutico que anima la Copa" [Álvaro Muñiz, the pharmacist making headlines in the Copa]. ABC (in Spanish). 1 December 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "El Alavés elimina a un digno Formentera de la Copa del Rey" [Alavés eliminate a dignified Formentera from the Copa del Rey]. Diario de Ibiza (in Spanish). 10 January 2018. Retrieved 9 June 2018.
- "Marcos Contreras anuncia que deja el Formentera" [Marcos Contreras announces that he is leaving Formentera]. ABC (in Spanish). 16 May 2018. Retrieved 9 June 2018.