|Full name||Sociedad Deportiva Tenisca|
|Ground||Virgen de Las Nieves,|
Santa Cruz, Canary Islands,
|President||Omar San Blas Concepción|
|Head coach||Javier Vales|
|League||3ª – Group 12|
|2016–17||3ª – Group 12, 11th|
Sociedad Deportiva Tenisca is a Spanish football team club from the city of Santa Cruz de La Palma, on the island of La Palma (Canary Islands). It was founded in 1922 and currently plays in the Canary group of the Tercera División – Group 12 of Spain.
Tenisca is the oldest club the island of La Palma that still exists. It is also the club with more consecutive seasons in Tercera División – Group 12 the only one in Spain that played every season in the current format of Tercera División.
Its rivalry with CD Mensajero is the most important derby of the island of La Palma. One of these games, played in 1983, was considered as one of the most violents in the history of Spanish football.
Season to season
- 39 seasons in Tercera División
- Seasons in Segunda División B: 0.
- Seasons in Tercera Division: 34 (in the season 1979/80 was National Third Division).
- Better position in League: 1st (1996/97 and 2004/05).
- Worse position in League: 16th (1979/80 and 2002/03).
- Matches played in league: 1152.
- Points earned in league: 1493.
- League games won: 487.
- Tied for league games: 289.
- League matches lost: 376.
- Goals scored in league: 1689.
- Goals against in league: 1410.
- Historical classification in Tercera Division:
- By number of seasons: 103 º (1 º de Canarias).
- By number of points: 56 º (2 º de Canarias).
- Major goals obtained:
- At home: S.D. 8-0 Tenisca U.D. Gáldar (1992-1993) and S.D. 8-0 Tenisca C.D. La Oliva (2004/05).
- Outside: At. Step 1-5 S.D. Tenisca (1996-1997).
- Major goals fitted:
- Promotions for promotion to Segunda División B plays: 7 (1993/94, 1996/97, 2000/01, 2003/04, 2004/05, 2008/09 and 2011/12).
- Promotions for promotion to Segunda División B collected: 0.
- Participations in the Cup: 7 (1979/1980, 1983/1984, 1982/1983, 1986/1987, 1987/1988, 2005/06 and 2009/10).
- RFEF Cup Appearances (National Phase): 2 (2002/2003, 2009/2010)
- Shares in the League Cup Third Division: 1 (1982-1983)
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Tenisca's most passionate rivalry is with CD Mensajero. This started from the 20s to the present.
Since the reorganisation of the fourth division in 1977, the clubs have met in the league on 37 occasions, with twelve wins for Tenisca and eight wins for Mensajero and 17 draws.
- "El récord del Salmantino" (in Spanish). CIHEFE. 17 May 2010. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Las peñas apostaron dos millones en el Mensajero-Tenisca" (in Spanish). El País. 7 October 1983. Retrieved 29 September 2016.