|Stable release||126.96.36.1990 / 13 June 2010|
SE-Explorer is a freeware portable file manager for Windows which can be used as alternative to Windows Explorer. It is sharply different from FAR Manager and Norton Commander because it is GUI based application with tabbed interface which made it possible to manipulate more than one directory or file view at the time and it has both types of file managers: orthodox two-panelled manager with two file windows side by side and native explorer emulator.
The application key features are:
- Clear tabbed interface
- Different file browsers: dual panel, classic windows explorer, command prompt
- Enhanced file search function and embedded size scanner
- Media player for audio and video files: MP3, WAV, AVI, MPEG, WMV, SWF, MOV, etc.
- Picture viewer which supports most popular image file formats
- Archive explorer for ZIP, RAR, ISO, 7z, MSI, CAB, etc.
- Resource view for executable files and icon libraries
- PDF, DjVu, DOC, WRI, Html Help and RTF document view
- Text viewer with syntax highlighting
- Folder comparison
- Text file compare (difference)
- Hex viewer for binary files
- Dll Inspector with resources/dependencies/objects views for executable files
- Web Browser for web and email files
- TrueType TTF font files view
- XML structure view
The application is written in .NET, so the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is required.
Main executable file can be easily copied onto USB flash drive and used as a portable application.
SE-Explorer is a freeware and requires no registration or activation. You can download and use it for your own needs for free.
The first version of SE-Explorer was uploaded to the site on 20 June 2008. At present the latest version is 188.8.131.520 which now has "Folder Comparison" feature.
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|