|County of Sweden|
Taxås Nature Reserve, Möckeln Lake
|• Governor||Ingrid Burman|
|• Council||Landstinget Kronoberg|
|• Total||8,466.0 km2 (3,268.7 sq mi)|
|Population (30 September 2017)|
|• Density||23/km2 (60/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|ISO 3166 code||SE-G|
|GDP/ Nominal||SEK 43,256 million (2004)|
|GDP per capita||SEK 245,000|
- For history, geography and culture, see Småland
Geographically, Kronoberg County is situated in the southern part of the province of Småland. It received its present borders in 1687 when Jönköping County was separated from the former Jönköping and Kronoberg County.
The seat of residence for the Governor or landshövding is Växjö. The Governor is the head of the County Administrative Board or länsstyrelsen. The County Administrative Board is a Government Agency headed by a Governor. The current Governor is Kristina Alsér who took over the office from Lars-Åke Lagrell.
The County Council of Kronoberg or Landstinget Kronoberg.
Note that all the municipalities have names after their seats except Uppvidinge, where the seat is located in the small town Åseda.
Localities in order of size
Kronoberg was formally granted its arms in 1944. However, use of the arms was already an established practice. It is a variation of the arms of Småland. Blazon: "Or, a lion rampant Gules langued and armed Azure holding in front paws a Crossbow of the second bowed and stringed Sable with a bolt Argent, standing on a tripple Mount Vert."
References and notes
- "Folkmängd i riket, län och kommuner 30 september 2017 och befolkningsförändringar 1 juli–30 september 2017. Totalt". Statistics Sweden. 8 November 2017. Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- "Tätorter 2010 (Localities 2010)". Statistics Sweden (in Swedish). 2010. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Kronoberg County Administrative Board
- Kronoberg County Council
- Kronoberg Regional Association of Local Authorities
- The Natural Fishing Fishing in South Eastern Sweden -- tourism page
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kronoberg County.|