SEAT Altea Prototipo
|SEAT Altea Prototipo|
|Also called||SEAT Altea Prototype|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||5-door 2+2 seater|
|Layout||front engine transverse|
Audi A3 Mk2
|Engine||2.0 L (120 cu in) FSI|
The SEAT Altea Prototipo is a 2+2 seater concept car presented by SEAT for the first time at the 2003 Frankfurt Motor Show, the first SEAT model to be produced inside the Audi brand group  unveiled with the aim to give a preview of the SEAT Altea's definitive road version which was meant to be launched a year later in 2004. Designed by Walter de'Silva and belonging to what the Spanish car maker claims to be a 'Multi Sport Vehicle' (MSV) class denomination for a sporty single-volume people carrier, it has been named after the city of Altea in the Alicante province of Spain.
The Altea Prototipo incorporates the new SEAT's design direction trend reflecting the 'SEAT auto emoción' philosophy, which was shown for the first time in the 2000 SEAT Salsa concept car, moreover featuring the characteristic for the brand lateral curved descending lines as well as the new front radiator grille. Other interesting points are the windscreen wipers resting at vertical position, the non-visible exterior rear door handles, and the Agile Chassis or Dynamic steering response (DSR) system meaning special suspension settings and fittings combined with an electronic programme that regulates power steering response according to driving and steering speed.
- 'Best Concept Car in 2003', by the Designers (Europe) organisation 
Another novelty for the Altea Prototipo is found under the bonnet:
it is the first SEAT model to be powered by a direct injection petrol engine.
- Type: FSI (Fuel Stratified Injection) Inline 4 cylinder petrol engine
- Displacement : 2.0L
- Power hp at RPM: 150 / 6,000
Six-speed automatic and sequential Tiptronic gearbox
Suspension, brakes and tires
The Altea Prototipo is built on a new platform sharing components with the Audi A3 Mk2.
- Driveline: front wheel drive
- Suspension: front MacPherson struts / rear multilink axle
- Tires: 8.5J x 19h-inch low profile alloy wheels
- Brakes front/rear: vented disc / vented disc, ABS - Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- SEAT company "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-07. Retrieved 2010-11-20.
- Spanish Debut of prototype for the definitive production model http://www.worldcarfans.com/104030611099/seat-unveils-the-altea-prototipo
- The SEAT Altea Prototipo receives the 'Best concept car' in 2003 award Archived 2015-07-21 at the Wayback Machine.
- SEAT Altea Prototipo - Details http://www.worldcarfans.com/104030611098/seat-altea-prototipo---details/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SEAT Altea Prototipo.|