Pre-facelift SEAT Ateca
|Also called||Cupra Ateca|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact crossover SUV (C)|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Front-engine, front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive|
|Platform||Volkswagen Group MQB A1|
1.0 L TSI 115 I3
1.4 L TSI 150 I4
2.0 L TSI 190 I4
2.0 L TSI 300 I4
1.6 L TDI 115 I4
2.0 L TDI 150 I4
2.0 L TDI 190 I4
|Wheelbase||2,638 mm (103.9 in)|
|Length||4,363–4,381 mm (171.8–172.5 in)|
|Width||1,841 mm (72.5 in)|
|Height||1,615 mm (63.6 in)|
The SEAT Ateca is a compact crossover SUV manufactured by Spanish automaker SEAT. The Ateca sits in the C-SUV segment, below the Tarraco and above the Arona. The Ateca was unveiled as a production vehicle on 1 March 2016 in Barcelona.
The Ateca debuted as a concept vehicle, the SEAT IBX, at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, followed by the SEAT 20V20 Concept at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show. The production version was released in March 2016 and it went on sale from September 2016. In keeping with SEAT's tradition of naming its cars after Spanish places, The Ateca is named after Ateca village to the west of Zaragoza, not far from the company's factory and headquarters in Barcelona.
As part of Volkswagen Group policy of making similar models with shared platforms in the same factory, the Ateca is not produced in Spain, rather it is produced at Škoda production facility in Kvasiny alongside the Škoda Karoq to cut costs.
The top of the range model is the Xcellence. This model boasts leather seats, an eight inch touchscreen, 18-inch alloy wheels and a drive setting wheel, which lets you choose from sport, normal, eco, individual, off-road and snow. Mid-range is the SE version, and the bottom of the range is the S version.
The entry-level petrol engine is a 1.0-litre three-cylinder turbocharged unit producing 115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp). The other petrol engine available 1.4-litre EcoTSI motor with 150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) shared with the VW Golf and SEAT Leon, and is able to close down cylinders to save fuel when they’re not required. The diesel engines are 1.6-litre with 115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp) and CO2 emissions of 112 g/km, which is front-wheel drive only, and a 2.0 that’s offered in two power output: 150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) and 190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp). Even the most potent diesel with four-wheel drive emits 131 g/km.
Four-wheel drive Ateca models will be named 4Drive, and are limited to the 150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp) and 190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp) diesels in top-spec XCELLENCE trim. A 7-speed DSG transmission is available on these diesel engines.
|1.0 EcoTSI 115||999 cc I3||115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp)||200 N⋅m (148 lb⋅ft)||6-speed manual|
|1.5 EcoTSI 150||1,498 cc I4||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp)||250 N⋅m (184 lb⋅ft)||6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG|
|2.0 EcoTSI 190 4Drive||1,984 cc I4||190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp)||320 N⋅m (236 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG|
|2.0 EcoTSI 4Drive (Cupra Ateca)||1,984 cc I4||300 PS (221 kW; 296 hp)||400 N⋅m (295 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG|
|1.6 TDI 115||1,598 cc I4||115 PS (85 kW; 113 hp)||250 N⋅m (184 lb⋅ft)||6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG|
|2.0 TDI 150 SCR 4Drive||1,968 cc I4||150 PS (110 kW; 148 hp)||320 N⋅m (236 lb⋅ft)||6-speed manual or 7-speed DSG|
|2.0 TDI 190 SCR 4Drive||1,968 cc I4||190 PS (140 kW; 187 hp)||400 N⋅m (295 lb⋅ft)||7-speed DSG|
The Ateca is also sold under a new performance-oriented brand, Cupra, whose cars is based on existing SEAT models. As the result, the car does not bear the SEAT logo in favour of the copper-tinted badge Cupra logo. It features a redesigned front and rear bumpers, quad exhaust pipes, and gloss-black detailing on several exterior elements, including the wing mirrors, side mouldings, wheels and front grille.
The Cupra Ateca gets a 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine producing 300 PS (221 kW; 296 hp) and paired with a 7-speed DSG dual-clutch automatic transmission, 4Drive all-wheel drive and an adaptive suspension. SEAT claims the combination can take the compact SUV from 0–100 km/h (0–62 mph) in 5.4 seconds with a top speed of 245 km/h (152 mph). The car can operate in a number of modes, including a new 'Cupra' setting that firms up the suspension and allows more engine noise through to the cabin.
As standard, every Cupra Ateca model comes equipped with 19-inch alloy wheels, black Alcantara seats, a digital instrument cluster, wireless phone charging, an eight-inch touchscreen, and dynamic chassis control. Optional kit includes a Beats audio sound system, 20-inch wheels, a panoramic roof and tow bar.
The facelifted Ateca was revealed in June 2020. Exterior revisions over the previous Ateca model include a redesigned bumpers, revised radiator grille, new LED headlamps and tail lights and a pair of redesigned fog lamps. The rear lighting units share a similar design to the Tarraco and feature sequential indicators on the FR and Xperience trim-levels. The Ateca’s block-capital badge design has been swapped for the same hand-written script found on the rear of the new Leon.
In the interior, the facelifted Ateca gets a new leather steering wheel, updated door cards and a choice of new upholstery designs. There’s also an eight-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat, a pair of new USB-C ports, a multi-colour ambient lighting system and voice recognition. The Ateca received an 8.25-inch infotainment system as standard with a larger 9.2-inch unit as an option.
Sales and production figures
- "Lancement officiel de l'ATECA FR à 4.799.000 da" (in Corsican).
- "【图】家族化风格 捷达品牌两款新车官图发布_汽车之家". www.autohome.com.cn.
- "Jetta VS5 Crossover Spied Testing Far Away From China [UPDATE]". Motor1.com.
- Herman Feitsma (2016-02-11). "Wat we te weten kwamen na een interview met Seat's chef". Autobahn.
- "The New SEAT ATECA – Style, Dynamics and Utility for the Urban Adventure". www.seat-mediacenter.com. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "Say Hello To The Perfect Crossover From SUV To Sports Coupé". SEAT.
- "Seat IBX concept news - Geneva 2011: Seat IBX concept - 2011". 2011-04-01.
- "Seat 20V20 concept is a big pointy SUV". 2015-04-02.
- "Seat Ateca SUV to go on sale in UK from September 2016". The Independent. 2016-03-18. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- Russon, Chris. "SEAT shows off Ateca SUV". www.eurekar.co.uk. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "New SEAT Ateca SUV: prices, specs and release date". Auto Express. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "New 2018 Cupra Ateca unveiled with 296bhp". Auto Express. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "New SEAT Ateca facelift arrives with styling borrowed from the Tarraco". Auto Express. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- Padeanu, Adrian. "2021 SEAT Ateca Facelift Revealed With Rugged Xperience Trim". Motor1.com. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "Seat Ateca European sales figures". carsalesbase.com. 2016-07-13. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "Volkswagen AG Annual Report 2016" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "Volkswagen AG Annual Report 2017" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "Volkswagen AG Annual Report 2018" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- "Volkswagen AG Annual Report 2019" (PDF). Retrieved 2020-03-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SEAT Ateca.|
|Supermini||127||Ibiza I||Ibiza II||Ibiza III||Ibiza IV||Ibiza V|
|Fura||Córdoba I||Córdoba II||Toledo IV|
|Small family car||Ritmo||Ronda||León I||León II||León III||León IV|
|131||Málaga||Toledo I||Toledo II|
|Large family car||132||Exeo|
|Compact MPV||Altea / Altea XL / Altea Freetrack / Toledo III|
|Large MPV||Alhambra I||Alhambra II|