|Body and chassis|
|Body style||3 and 5-door hatchback|
|Engine||903 cc OHV I4|
1,438 cc OHV I4
The SEAT Fura is a supermini car produced by Spanish automaker SEAT, between 1981 and 1986, based on the Fiat 127 which had been built by SEAT since 1972. Once the license to the 127 expired, SEAT was forced to develop a new version with a new name, which was introduced in late 1981 for the 1982 model year. It was available in three and five-door hatchback body styles. The two and four-door sedan versions of the Fiat 127 were discontinued.
The Fura was never available with the larger 1,010 cc unit seen in the SEAT 127, but did receive a five-speed manual transmission as standard.
After a 1983 facelift, the SEAT Fura Dos (two) was introduced: it doesn't differ much from its predecessor, mainly through smaller headlights and turn signals. The launch of the SEAT Ibiza MK1 in 1984 made the car largely redundant. For a little more than a year these two compact hatches competed internally, but the somewhat outmoded Fura was discontinued in 1986.
A hot hatch called the Fura Crono was introduced early in 1983. Fitted with spoilers front and rear, as well as twin foglights up front and unique 13" alloy wheels, it was powered by a 75 horsepower (56 kW) 1,438 cc four-cylinder. The twin-carb engine, the same as used in the Fiat/SEAT 124, provided a top speed of 160 km/h (99 mph) and the 100 km/h sprint was managed in 10.8 seconds.
The car was also assembled by NASCO in Cairo as the El Nasr Super Fura.
- Büschi, Hans-Ulrich, ed. (March 10, 1983). "Automobil Revue '83" (in German and French). 78. Berne, Switzerland: Hallwag, AG: 492–493. ISBN 3-444-06065-3.
- World Cars 1982. Pelham, NY: L'Editrice dell'Automobile LEA/Herald Books. 1982. p. 215. ISBN 0-910714-14-2.
- "SEAT 127" (in Spanish). Motor Mania. Retrieved 2012-09-08.
- Glon, Ronan (2012-01-01). "Sunday classic: SEAT Fura Crono". Ran When Parked. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- Seat Fura Crono Gr. B de 1982 http://www.retrospeed.org/competicion/fura/index.htm
- "1980-1989: SEAT History". SEAT UK. Retrieved 2012-02-11.
- Historia: SEAT Fura http://www.seatfansclub.com/2011/11/historia-seat-fura.html
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SEAT Fura.|
|Supermini||127||Ibiza I||Ibiza II||Ibiza III||Ibiza IV||Ibiza V|
|Fura||Córdoba I||Córdoba II||Toledo IV|
|Small family car||Ritmo||Ronda||León I||León II||León III|
|131||Málaga||Toledo I||Toledo II|
|Large family car||132||Exeo|
|Compact MPV||Altea / Altea XL / Altea Freetrack / Toledo III|
|Large MPV||Alhambra I||Alhambra II|
|This article about a modern automobile produced after 1975 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|