From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up SEC, sec, Sec., sec., or seč in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
SEC, Sec, or Seč may refer to:
- Samsung Electronics Corporation
- Securities Exchange Company, a company run by Charles Ponzi
- Solar Entertainment Corporation, a Filipino media company
- State Elections Commission (Puerto Rico)
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan
- Securities and Exchange Commission (Nigeria)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (Philippines)
- State Electricity Commission of Victoria (Australia)
- State Energy Commission of Western Australia
- State Examinations Commission, Ireland
- Superior Electoral Court
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
|Look up secant in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Secant is a term in mathematics derived from the Latin secare ("to cut"). It may refer to:
- a secant line, in geometry
- the secant variety, in algebraic geometry
- the secant method, a root-finding algorithm in numerical analysis, based on secant lines to graphs of functions
- the trigonometric function, reciprocal to the cosine
- a secant ogive in nose cone design
- Sec pathway, in biology, a major route of protein translocation across cell membranes
- single error correction, in error detection and correction
- Size-exclusion chromatography
- Sinusoidal endothelial cell
- Solar Energy Conversion, the conversion of solar energy to electricity
- Social evolutionary computation
- Space Weather Prediction Center, also known as the Space Environment Center
- Spontaneous echocardiographic contrast, a phenomenon observed in cardiovascular ultrasonography
- Standard three-letter abbreviation for selenocysteine
- Southeastern Conference (SEC), one of the major U.S. collegiate sports conferences
- WIAA Southeast Conference (SEC), a conference within the Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association comprising high schools in the southeastern part of the state
- Speedway European Championship, motorcycle speedway competition
- An abbreviation for second
- An abbreviation for computer security
- In music, sec, an abbreviation of secco.
- Sec (wine), a French term used to indicate the sweetness level of a wine.
- Dalek Sec, from the television series Doctor Who.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title SEC.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.