|Headquarters||Appleton, Wisconsin, United States|
|Dave Gross, President/CEO|
|Revenue||$335 million USD|
|$18 million USD|
SECURA Insurance is a mutual insurance company in the United States that offers property and casualty insurance through independent insurance agents in 12 states. The company focuses on insurance for businesses, homes and autos, farms, non-profit organizations, and special events. The company headquarters is located in Appleton, Wisconsin, with an additional office located in Middleton, Wisconsin. SECURA employs approximately 700 people.
SECURA was founded in 1900 after a massive cyclone tore through New Richmond, Wisconsin, destroying homes and businesses, killing more than 100 people and injuring 500 others. To protect themselves and each other, 135 charter members in the Cicero Township developed The Farmers Home Mutual Hail, Tornado and Cyclone Insurance Company of Seymour, Wisconsin. In 1986, this insurance company was renamed SECURA.
- “A”(Excellent) rating from A.M. Best.
- Ranked by independent agents as a top ten performer for Making Business Easier every year since 2006. (2006–2015)
- Platinum Well Workplace Award winner by Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
SECURA supports a variety of community organizations by volunteering to serve on boards and committees, and by participating in fundraising efforts.
- http://www.secura.net/about/about-secura.html About SECURA
- http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=838929 Bloomberg Business Week - SECURA Insurance
- http://www.hoovers.com/company/SECURA_Insurance_Companies/rfstsxi-1.html Hoovers - SECURA Insurance Companies
- http://www3.ambest.com/ratings/FullProfile.asp?BL=0&amb=483&AltNum=1484483&AltSrc=4s SECURA Insurance A Mutual Company
- http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2008/10/20/94807.htm Annual Survey Lists Top 10 Ease of Doing Business P/C Insurers
- http://www.secura.net/about/community-involvement.html Community involvement