SEI Investments Company
|Traded as||NASDAQ: SEIC
S&P 400 Component
|Headquarters||Oaks, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
|Alfred P. West, Chairman & CEO|
|Total assets||$751 billion in hedge, private equity, mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets (as of December 31, 2016)|
Number of employees
|Approximately 3,100 (December 2016)|
SEI Investments Company (NASDAQ:SEIC) is a financial services company headquartered in Oaks, Pennsylvania, United States. SEI is a leading global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions that help corporations, financial institutions, financial advisors, and ultra-high-net-worth families create and manage wealth.  As of December 31, 2016, through its subsidiaries and partnerships in which the company has a significant interest, SEI manages or administers $751 billion in hedge, private equity, mutual fund and pooled or separately managed assets, including $283 billion in assets under management and $468 billion in client assets under administration. For more information, visit seic.com.
SEI’s campus is located on 90 acres (360,000 m2) outside Center City, Philadelphia. SEI operates principal offices in Toronto, London, Dublin, The Netherlands, Hong Kong, and South Africa.
SEI was founded as Simulated Environments Inc. in 1968 by its current Chairman and CEO, Alfred P. West, Jr. (also known as Al West). West created the first computer-simulated training technology for loan officers.
- SEI developed an automated trust and investment accounting system for bank trust departments.
- SEI made its initial public offering on March 25, 1981 on NASDAQ.
- SEI integrated modern portfolio theory with comprehensive asset allocation models.
- SEI launched a wealth management operating platform for independent, fee-based advisors.
- SEI offered Manager-of-Managers investment programs to institutional and individual investors in the United States, Canada, Europe, South Africa, and Asia.
- A pension management solution that integrates pension decisions with corporate finance objectives.
- Total Operational Outsourcing, an integrated platform for investment managers that provides processing of all investment types.
- Goals-based investment strategies for clients.
- The SEI Wealth Platform.