The SETsquared Partnership, usually known simply as SETsquared, is a business incubation network run by five universities in Southern England. SETsquared stands for Southern England Technology Triangle. The partnership was formed in 2002, between the University of Bath, the University of Bristol, the University of Southampton and the University of Surrey. The University of Exeter joined the partnership in 2011.
In addition to hosting and supporting startup companies, SETsquared promotes university-to-business technology transfer and guides students into entrepreneurship. It has been mainly financed by the Higher Education Funding Council for England's Higher Education Innovation Fund and by membership fees for businesses.
In 2015, it was ranked as the top university-based business incubator in the world by UBI Global, as well as being ranked by UBI Global as the top one in Europe for the third year running. By 2016, the network had assisted over 1,000 startups.
At Bath, SETsquared are based in the University of Bath Innovation Centre in Carpenter House.
Bristol's centre, launched in 2003, was located adjacent to the university's Department of Computer Science. In 2013, the centre moved into the Engine Shed business incubator, housed in Isambard Kingdom Brunel's building at Bristol Temple Meads railway station, within Bristol Temple Quarter Enterprise Zone. An Engine Shed 2 is planned.
- Matthews, David (11 February 2016). "SETsquared: does it have the key to incubator success?". Times Higher Education. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Kirby, David (2007). "Changing the entrepreneurship education paradigm". In Fayolle, Alain (ed.). Handbook of Research in Entrepreneurship Education, Volume 1: A General Perspective. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing. p. 32. ISBN 978-1-84542-106-9.
- Kitagawa, Fumi; Robertson, Susan (2015). "High-Tech Entrepreneurial 'Soft Starters' in a University-Based Business Incubator: Space for Entrepreneurial Capital Formation and Emerging Business Models". In Groen, Aard; Cook, Gary; Van der Sijde, Peter (eds.). New Technology-Based Firms in the New Millennium. XI. Bingley: Emerald Group Publishing. pp. 105–6. ISBN 978-1-78560-033-3.
- Burn-Callander, Rebecca (26 November 2015). "British university incubator SETsquared named best in world". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Vergnault, W. M. N. O. (27 October 2015). "University partnership named best university business incubator in Europe". Western Morning News. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Council Welcomes Award For Innovation Centre". Bath Echo. 3 July 2014. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Meet the driving force behind Bristol's silicon valley". Bristol Post. 4 December 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Clensy, David (30 November 2016). "Engine Shed marks third anniversary with public consultation for Engine Shed 2". Bristol Post. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Southampton: SETsquared achieves global recognition for its work with start-ups". The Business Magazine. 25 September 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- Parry, Malcolm (2014). "The Surrey Research Park: A Cast Study of Strategic Planning for Economic Development". In Oh, Deog-Seong; Phillips, Fred (eds.). Technopolis: Best Practices for Science and Technology Cities. London: Springer. p. 330. ISBN 978-1-4471-5508-9.
- Bave, Jessica (23 January 2015). "Simon Bond, innovation director at SETsquared, answers potential entrepreneurs' questions". Basingstoke Gazette. Retrieved 4 December 2016.