|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
By 1978, the firm was doing business as Personnel Pool of America, Inc, and was acquired by H&R Block. In 1991, H&R Block acquired Interim Systems Corporation and combined it with Personnel Pool, creating a larger staffing services firm.
In 1992, the company changed its name to Interim Services Inc., and was spun off by H&R Block in 1994. Interim acquired a number of other companies over the next few years.
The company changed its name to Spherion in 2000.
Spherion has done business under a variety of brand names. The following brands are more or less current: Emerging Workforce, The Mergis Group, SFN Group, Sourceright Solutions, Spherion, Spherion Recruitment Process Outsourcing, Spherion Staffing Services, Tatum, Technisource and Today's Office Professionals.
- SFN: Profile for SPHERION CORP - SGN Group Inc Yahoo! FINANCE
- About Us: Spherion: Recruiting & Staffing Excellence Spherion Official Site
- History: Spherion: A Pioneer in Staffing & Workforce Management Spherion Official Site
- http://www.randstad.com/about-us/company-information/history Randstad Official Site
- SFN Group: Industry Leaders for 60 Years Sourceright Official Site
- Tatum & SFN Group: Tatum is a division of SFN Group, Inc. Tatum Official Site
- SFN Group: Built On A Foundation Of Strength; About SFN Group Technisource Official Site