|France, Réunion, Mayotte, Belgium, Luxembourg, Guadeloupe, Martinique|
|Michel Combes (Chairman and CEO)|
|Products||Box de SFR, Home by SFR, mobile phones|
|Services||Fixed-line internet, mobile internet, fixed-line and mobile telephony, IP television|
|€12.183 billion (2011)|
|Profit||€2.472 billion (2010)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Société du haut debit, Joe Mobile|
|Slogan||"SFR, et tout s'accélère"|
SFR (an orphan acronym of Société française du radiotéléphone ) is a French telecommunications company that provides voice, video, data, and Internet telecommunications and professional services to consumers and businesses. As of December 2015, it has 21.9 million customers in Metropolitan France for mobile services, and provides 6.35 million households with high-speed internet access. It also offers services in the Overseas Departments of France : in the Caribbean islands of Martinique, Guadeloupe, and in Guyane as well as in the Indian Ocean, in Mayotte and on the Réunion island through SRR (Société Réunionnaise du Radiotéléphone) although the company is branded as SFR Réunion.
SFR is owned by Altice and French conglomerate Vivendi. Vodafone had a 44% share in SFR until April 2011 when it sold the entire share back to Vivendi. SFR is the partner network of Vodafone in France.
Vivendi announced sometime about March 2014 that it planned to sell its SFR division. On 14 March it announced that it would enter exclusive negotiations with Altice/Numericable, to the exclusion of Bouygues and Iliad. Arnaud Montebourg, the French Minister for Industrial Renewal, provoked a storm when he stated that the Numericable/SFR deal was a certainty; Iliad lost 7.5% of its market value on that day.
- "Management team". SFR. Retrieved 2 May 2016.
- SFR. "SFR – Mentions légales". Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- "Numericable-SFR regagne enfin des clients sur le marché mobile". Nextimpact.com, 15 March 2016
- "Vodafone and SFR strengthen strategic global alliance". Vodafone.com, 7 May 2014
- "Vivendi Selling SFR to Altice in $23 Billion Deal, Hard-Fought Win for Drahi". bloomberg.com, 7 April 2014
- lepoint.fr: 'Numericable-SFR : "l'avenir commence aujourd'hui"' 14 Mar 2014
- europe1.fr: 'Échec des négociations pour la vente de Bouygues Telecom à Orange' 1 April 2016