|Venue||Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing|
SFeraKon is an science fiction convention that takes place in Zagreb, Croatia every year at the end of April. Organised by SFera, it is the largest and the longest running science fiction convention in southeastern Europe.
The first SFeraKon by its own name was held in 1983, continuing the tradition of "science fiction days in Zagreb" after Yukon, the Yugoslav national science fiction convention, started taking place in other towns, the first few having taken place in Zagreb. Since 1994 it is being held on the grounds of Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing.
In 1986 it hosted a Eurocon, the European Science fiction convention, with Sam Lundwall as a guest of honour. The 1998 SFeraKon was called a "Euroconference" but was not officially a Eurocon. In recent years famous guests of honor have included Robert Silverberg (1999), Walter Jon Williams (2001), Lois McMaster Bujold (2002), George R. R. Martin (2003), Ken MacLeod (2004), Michael Swanwick (2006), Bruce Sterling (2007), Richard Morgan (2008), R. Scott Bakker (2009), and Ian McDonald (2010).
Typical attendance is 500-1000 visitors.
- "Glavni pokretač domaće SF scene" (in Croatian). Jutarnji list. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Wilkinson, B. (March 1998). "Croatia". Fans Across the World (73). Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Cowie, Jonathan. "Convention Review: A Decade of Eurocons". Concatenation.org. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- http://dns1.vjesnik.hr/Pdf/2001%5C04%5C19%5C17A17.PDF[dead link] (Croatian)
- http://www.vjesnik.hr/pdf/2004%5C04%5C26%5C22A22.PDF[dead link] (Croatian)
- http://www.vjesnik.hr/html/2008/04/24/Clanak.asp?r=kul&c=5[dead link] (Croatian)
- http://www.vjesnik.hr/Pdf/2009%5C04%5C24%5C35A35.PDF[dead link] (Croatian)
- "SFeraKon 2010". Culturenet.hr. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SFeraKon.|
|This article about science fiction conventions is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Zagreb-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|