Oklahoma State Highway 95
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||42.1 mi (67.8 km)|
|Existed:||ca. 1952 – present|
|South end:||FM 1290 at the Texas state line|
|North end:||US-56 south of Elkhart, Kan.|
State Highway 95 (abbreviated SH-95) is a state highway in the Panhandle region of the U.S. state of Oklahoma. This route, which is 42.1 miles (67.8 km) long, runs entirely through western Texas County. SH-95 does not have any lettered spur routes.
SH-95 begins where Farm to Market Road 1290 crosses into Oklahoma from Texas. Feet (meters) after crossing the state line, the highway curves to the west to parallel the state line as it approaches Texhoma. In Texhoma, the route crosses US-54. SH-95 then turns north immediately after the intersection. It then bridges the Beaver River and heads north for 19 miles (31 km), after which it meets US-64/412/SH-3.
SH-95 turns west to run concurrent with the other three routes. The four routes proceed together for 5 miles (8.0 km). SH-95 then splits off to the north at Four Corners. The route then passes through Eva and runs east of Surrey Hills before meeting US-56 just south of Elkhart, Kansas. This intersection serves as SH-95's northern terminus.
State Highway 95 began as an unnumbered farm-to-market road. It was first assigned the SH-95 designation between 1950 and 1954. By 1955, US-56 had been established through Oklahoma. Its original route followed the section of SH-95 north of US-64, so SH-95 was truncated back to the US-64 junction. This change was reverted in 1961, and US-56 and SH-95 ran concurrent north of US-64. The following year, US-56 was rerouted over SH-114, leaving SH-95 on its own once again.
|Texas–Oklahoma state line||0.0||0.0||FM 1290 continues south into Texas|
|21.2||34.1||US-64 / US-412 / SH-3||Eastern terminus of US-64 / US-412 / SH-3 concurrency|
|Four Corners||26.2||42.2||US-64 / US-412 / SH-3||Western terminus of US-64 / US-412 / SH-3 concurrency|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Google (2013-07-06). "Oklahoma State Highway 95" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- Official State Map (Map) (Centennial ed.). Oklahoma Department of Transportation. 2007. § C1.
- ODOT 1950 map
- Highways of Oklahoma (PDF) (Map). Oklahoma Department of Highways. 1954. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Oklahoma's Highways 1957 (PDF) (Map). Oklahoma Department of Highways. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Oklahoma 1961 Road Map (PDF) (Map). Oklahoma Department of Highways. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Oklahoma 1962 (PDF) (Map). Oklahoma Department of Highways. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Google (2008-01-19). "Oklahoma State Highway 95" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
Route map: Bing