This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Shareit Information Technology Co., Ltd|
|Operating system||Android, iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows NT, macOS|
|Available in||39+ languages, including English, Hindi, Indonesian, Arabic, Russian, Chinese, etc|
SHAREit (Shareit Information Technology Co., Ltd.) is a technology company founded in April 2015. The CEO of the company is Michael Qiu. Users can use SHAREit to transfer files including photos, videos, music, contacts, apps and any other files. SHAREit application allows Windows, Windows Phone, Android, and iOS devices to transfer files directly. It is currently available in 39 languages including English, Hindi, Indonesian, French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic and Chinese.
Other apps with a similar function are Xender, Zapya, Share Apps, SuperBeam.
The SHAREit application uses a secure connection protocol and has transfer speeds faster than Bluetooth and NFC.The other method for file transferring are either through Bluetooth, NFC, or USB drives. This was noted by various renowned universities and even magazines like WIRED. Looking at the unsafe protocol offered by USB drives, and slow speed of Bluetooth, applications like SHAREit were developed, based on Wi-Fi Direct methods.
- CLONEit replicates contacts, SMS messages, MMS messages, music, videos, apps and other data from one old phone to the new one.
- LOCKit privacy protection app uses pattern, PIN. and fingerprint. Move secret photos videos into vault.
- LISTENit music player and organization tool
- CLEANit: Memory booster, battery saver, apps manager, mobile analyst, file manager, game booster.
Issues with software
In 2017, the Indian government announced a list of apps, including SHAREit, on Android and iOS that it says intelligence agencies have reported are spyware. Troops were told to delete these apps. Although, the app denies this accusation by releasing an official statement.
To ensure security in offline peer-to-peer app sharing, SHAREit has collaborated with Google to start security metadata integration program.  After the metadata integration, all apps shared through SHAREit will be offline screened by Google Play to ensure all apps transferred from one device to another is original and malware free.
In 2019, a computer virus outbreak occurred about after 5 AM in the Philippines.
- "SHAREit Technologies Co.Ltd". GWC. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- Ahaskar, Abhijit (2016-04-07). "Lenovo SHAREit: File sharing further improved". livemint.com/. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "SHAREit Launches New Upgrade of its Market-leading P2P Transfer App". The Jakarta Post. Archived from the original on 2015-10-01.
- "SHAREit collaborates with Times Music to boost its content catalogue - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-11-30.
- "CLONEit". ushareit.
- "LOCKit - The Best App Lock & Privacy Guard, Protect All Your Privacy". lockit.ushareit.com. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "LISTENit - Music Player Just LISTENit". listenit.me. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- Team, SHAREit. "CLEANit". ushareit.com (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "Remove These 42 Apps From Your Phone Now, Indian Government Says They're All "Chinese Spyware"". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- www.ETTelecom.com. "SHAREit denies it is malicious or spyware app - ET Telecom". ETTelecom.com. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "Google has chosen SHAREit as one of its first peer-to-peer sharing app partners". Deccan Chronicle. 2018-10-26. Retrieved 2018-11-21.
/store/apps/details?id=com.lenovo.anyshare.gps Share it on Play Store