This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Smart Media4U Technology Pte.Ltd|
|Initial release||April 28, 2013|
|Operating system||Android, iOS, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows NT, macOS|
|Size||95.4 MB (iOS)|
34.93 MB (Android)
|Available in||45 languages including English, Hindi, Bangla, Indonesian, Arabic, Russian etc.|
SHAREit app is owned by Smart Media4U Technology Pte. Ltd. which is a global technology company in Singapore. SHAREit was part of Lenovo when it started, but was later spun off as a separate company. The company produces an app, also called SHAREit, which is compatible with various smartphone platforms allows users to share files between devices directly.
SHAREit also produces a number of other apps such as SHAREit Lite, PLAYit, LOCKit, LISTENit, CLEANit, CLONEit and S-Player.
SHAREit works seamlessly online and offline while providing marketers with a significant incremental audience. The mobile application is compatible with various smartphone platforms allowing users to share files between devices directly. 
Gaming Industry Links
SHAREit, an application that was initially introduced as a peer to peer file sharing facilitator, has now been developed into an all encapsulating entertainment application that not only helps the users share content but also maximizes appropriate content discovery for users. 
SHAREit has a separate gaming center on the application which offers HTML5 games, gaming videos and an option to download hot games . It is one of the largest catalogues of mobile games, from developers across the globe. SHAREit could also help game developers and publishers to scale up their app growth with connecting to high-impact users.
On 8 May 2018, SHAREit acquired the Fastfilmz app and appointed Karam Malhotra, the founder of Fastfilmz as the CEO of SHAREit India. 
- SHAREit Lite: Another file sharing app with chat features.
- CLONEit: A cloning app which replicates contacts, SMS messages, MMS messages, music, videos, apps and other data from one phone onto another.
- LOCKit: A privacy protection app.
- LISTENit: A music player and organization tool.
- CLEANit: A device management app 
- PLAYit: A video player
Issues with software
In 2017, Indian Defence Ministry highlighted Security issues with the app and asked armed forces to uninstall SHAREit. 
SHAREit has collaborated with Google to start security metadata integration program. After the metadata integration, all apps shared through SHAREit will be screened by Google Play to ensure all apps transferred from one device to another is original and malware free.
Ban in India
On June 29, 2020, the Government of India banned SHAREit along with 58 other apps citing data and privacy issues and added that it was a threat to the sovereignty and security of the country even though no evidence was provided. The border tensions in 2020 between India and China might have also played a role in the ban.
- "SHAREit - Transfer & Share not trusted one app because it can be easily be accessible to hackers. Play". play.google.com. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "SHAREit - Transfer & Share APKs". APKMirror. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
- "SHAREit - Connect & Transfer". App Store. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "SHAREit-Discover and Share Unlimited Joy". wushareit.com. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- "Arcc Spaces Collaborates With SHAREit To Set Up Commercial HQ". Yahoo Finance.
- "SHAREit appoints Nabeel Khan". PT Profit.
- Kompas https://money.kompas.com/read/2020/11/09/184200026/melirik-pertumbuhan-aplikasi-mobile-pada-masa-pandemi-covid-19. Missing or empty
- "Pola Perilaku Masyarakat Berubah Selama Pandemi, Apa yang Harus Dilakukan Brand?". Kompas.
- "SHAREit-Discover and Share Unlimited Joy". economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2019-08-19.
- Ahaskar, Abhijit (2016-04-07). "Lenovo SHAREit: File sharing further improved". livemint.com/. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Lenovo's Free SHAREIt App Does Wi-Fi Direct Transfters to All Devices - Tom's Guide". Tom's Guide. 2014-02-26. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "CLONEit". ushareit.
- "LOCKit - The Best App Lock & Privacy Guard, Protect All Your Privacy". lockit.ushareit.com. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "LISTENit - Music Player Just LISTENit". listenit.me. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- Team, SHAREit. "CLEANit". ushareit.com. Retrieved 2018-06-27.
- "defence ministry to indian armed-forces uninstall these 42 apps". Indian Express. 2017-12-02. Retrieved 2018-11-21.
- "Google has chosen SHAREit as one of its first peer-to-peer sharing app partners". Deccan Chronicle. 2018-10-26. Retrieved 2018-11-21.
- DelhiJune 29, Rahul Shrivastava New; June 29, 2020UPDATED; Ist, 2020 22:21. "Govt bans 59 Chinese apps including TikTok as border tensions simmer in Ladakh". India Today. Retrieved 2020-06-29.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Team, ThePrint (2020-06-29). "Full list of 59 Chinese apps banned by Indian govt". ThePrint. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- "India bans 59 Chinese apps including TikTok, WeChat, Helo". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2020-07-21.