Shimmer Tag Team Championship
|Shimmer Tag Team Championship|
|Current champion(s)||The Kimber Bombs (Cherry Bomb and Kimber Lee)|
|Date won||April 11, 2015|
|Date established||August 7, 2008|
|Promotion||Shimmer Women Athletes|
The Shimmer Tag Team Championship (stylized as SHIMMER Tag Team Championship) is a professional wrestling tag team championship in Shimmer Women Athletes. The title is recognized nationally by Ring of Honor, and also by several independent promotions, including American Luchacore, Insanity Pro Wrestling and Shine Wrestling, where it has also been defended. It has also been defended in Japan at Joshi 4 Hope independent events.
Since the creation of the Shimmer Championship, there was a growing interest in creating a Shimmer Tag Team Championship. This was stemmed from a growing number of teams such as The Experience and the Minnesota Home Wrecking Crew, and frequent tag team matches on the cards of Shimmer events. In October 2008, the first champions were crowned when the duo of Ashley Lane and Nevaeh won a Gauntlet Match involving six teams at Shimmer Volume 21.
Lane and Nevaeh as well as being the first Shimmer Tag Team Champions also hold the distinction of being the first Shimmer champions to defend their title outside of Shimmer or either of its sister companies (Full Impact Pro and Ring of Honor). On November 1, Lane and Nevaeh defended their title at an Insanity Pro Wrestling show against "Sassy" Stephie Sinclair and Hellena Heavenly. On November 22 they made their third defense of the belts at an Heartland Wrestling Association event, defeating the team of Mary Elizabeth and Hailey Hatred.
After successfully defending the title in Shimmer against the Canadian NINJAs (Nicole Matthews and Portia Perez), The International Home Wrecking Crew (Jetta and Rain) and Amazing Kong and Sara Del Rey, Lane and Nevaeh lost the title to the Canadian NINJAs in a rematch on May 3, 2009, at the tapings of Shimmer Volume 26.
Nicole Matthews and Portia Perez made their first Shimmer Tag Team Title defense on October 18, 2009, at an Anarchy Championship Wrestling event titled A Nightmare on Tenth Street, where they defeated Rachel Summerlyn and Jessica James via disqualification.
On April 10, 2010, at the tapings of Volume 29, Matthews and Perez made their first Shimmer Tag Team Title defense in Shimmer, defeating the team of Cheerleader Melissa and Shimmer Champion MsChif.
On April 2, 2011, Daizee Haze and Tomoka Nakagawa defended the title for the first time on pay-per-view as part of Ring of Honor's Honor Takes Center Stage event in Atlanta, Georgia, defeating the team of Ayumi Kurihara and Hiroyo Matsumoto.
On February 22, 2012, Ayako Hamada and Ayumi Kurihara defended the title for the first time outside of North America, when they defeated Hiroyo Matsumoto and Misaki Ohata at a Joshi 4 Hope event in Tokyo, Japan.
On July 7, 2012, the Canadian NINJAs won the title for the second time, making them the first team (and individuals in Matthews and Perez) in Shimmer history to do so with any of their championships, when they defeated Courtney Rush and Sara Del Rey for the championships at NCW Femmes Fatales in Montreal, Quebec, Canada - which also meant that a Shimmer championship changed hands outside of Berwyn and the United States for the first time. They lost the title to the Global Green Gangsters (Kellie Skater and Tomoka Nakagawa) on Volume 57, making Nakagawa also a two-time champion.
The current champions are The Kimber Bombs (Cherry Bomb and Kimber Lee), who are in their first reign both individually and as a team. They defeated previous champions the Global Green Gangsters (Kellie Skater and Tomoka Nakagawa) on April 11, 2015, in Berwyn, Illinois.
|#||Order in reign history|
|Reign||The reign number for the specific set of wrestlers listed|
|Event||The event in which the title was won|
|Wrestler name (#)||The number represents the individual reigns of a wrestler when this is distinct from the tag team's reign.|
|+||Indicates the current reign is changing daily|
List of combined reigns
|†||Indicates the current champions|
|Rank||Team||# of reigns||Combined
|1||Nicole Matthews and Portia Perez
|2||Kellie Skater and Tomoka Nakagawa
(Global Green Gangsters)
|3||Ashley Lane and Nevaeh||1||196||6|
|4||Haze, DaizeeDaizee Haze and Nakagawa, TomokaTomoka Nakagawa||1||188||1|
|5||Hamada, AyakoAyako Hamada and Kurihara, AyumiAyumi Kurihara||1||169||6|
|6||Cherry Bomb and Kimber Lee
(The Kimber Bombs)†
|7||Rush, CourtneyCourtney Rush and Del Rey, SaraSara Del Rey
(The Queens of Winning)
|8||Hiroyo Matsumoto and Misaki Ohata
(Seven Star Sisters)
|Rank||Team||# of reigns||Combined
|3||Nakagawa, TomokaTomoka Nakagawa||2||915||14|
|7||Haze, DaizeeDaizee Haze||1||188||1|
|8||Hamada, AyakoAyako Hamada||1||169||7|
|8||Kurihara, AyumiAyumi Kurihara||1||169||7|
|10||Bomb, CherryCherry Bomb†||1||146+||2|
|10||Lee, KimberKimber Lee†||1||146+||2|
|12||Rush, CourtneyCourtney Rush||1||111||0|
|12||Del Rey, SaraSara Del Rey||1||111||0|
- Csonka, Larry (April 11, 2015). "Shimmer 72 DVD Taping Results 4.11.15". 411Mania. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
- "Shimmer Vol 21 & 22 Results". Shimmer Women Athletes. Visuex. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- "Ashley & Nevaeh to defend Tag Titles this weekend!". Retrieved 2008-11-03.
- "HWA 11/22 Middletown, OH - SHIMMER Tag Title Match". Retrieved 2008-11-24.
- "ACW/IWA-Texas A Nightmare On Tenth Street". Cagematch. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
- Lansdell, Chris (2010-04-11). "SHIMMER Taping Results: Volumes 29 and 30". 411Mania. Retrieved 2010-04-11.
- Caldwell, James; Radican, Sean (2011-04-02). "ROH Internet PPV report 4/2: Caldwell & Radican's ongoing "virtual-time" coverage of live ROH PPV from Atlanta". Pro Wrestling Torch. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- 【結果】Ｊｏｓｈｉ ４ Ｈｏｐｅ ２・22新木場. Ringstars (in Japanese). Ameba. 2012-02-22. Retrieved 2012-02-22.
- Namako, Jason (2012-07-08). "Indy News #4: ROH Newswire, NCW Femme Fatales". WrestleView. Retrieved 2012-07-08.
- Namako, Jason (2013-04-14). "4/14 Shimmer #57 Results: Berwyn, Illinois (Allison Danger's retirement match)". WrestleView. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Csonka, Larry (2009-05-05). "Shimmer Volumes 25 and 26 Results". 411mania. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- Martin, Adam (2011-03-28). "Indy News #2: Shimmer Vol. 37, 38, 39, 40 results". WrestleView. Retrieved 2011-03-28.
- Martin, Adam (2011-10-02). "Report of the Shimmer Volume 41, 42 tapings". WrestleView. Retrieved 2011-10-02.
- Cooper, Chad (2012-03-19). "Results of Shimmer Vol. 47 and 48 tapings". WrestleView. Retrieved 2012-03-19.