|Venue||Sands Expo (As of 2010)|
|Location(s)||Las Vegas, Nevada (As of 2010)|
|Organized by||National Shooting Sports Foundation|
The SHOT Show , which is an acronym for "Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show", is an American annual trade show for the shooting sports, hunting, outdoor recreations and firearm manufacturing industries. The show is owned and sponsored by the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), and is the biggest event of the type in the world along with the IWA & OutdoorClassics ("IWA Nuremberg") held also annually in Nuremberg, Germany. The SHOT Show is restricted to formal members of the shooting, hunting, military and outdoor trade industries, including commercial buyers and sellers of military, law enforcement and tactical products, and is not open to the general public.
The first ever SHOT Show was held in St. Louis, Missouri, in 1979. It used to rotate between Las Vegas, Nevada; Orlando, Florida; New Orleans, Louisiana, and several other U.S. cities, although since 2010 it has taken place only in Las Vegas at the Sands Expo and is contracted to remain there through 2027. It attracted over 60,000 attendees to its 630,000 square feet (59,000 m2) of exhibition space in Las Vegas. It is among the top 25 trade shows in the US.
Source for all attendance information:
- Dolnack, Chris (20 August 2012). "SHOT Show's Host Cities: SHOT Show at 35". SHOT Show. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "SHOT Show FAQ". SHOT. Archived from the original on 19 December 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- Valentine, Matt (Sep 12, 2013). "The Gun Lobbying Group You Don't Hear About". The Atlantic.
- Prince, Todd (20 January 2019). "More than 58K attending SHOT Show in Las Vegas". Las Vegas Review Journal. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- Cox, Matthew (30 October 2020). "Organizers Cancel SHOT Show as COVID-19 Cases Spike". Military.com. Retrieved 10 November 2020.