||This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Merle Ryland ( CEO)
Kim Bateman (COO)
Carolyn Baete (VP, Medicaid Operations)
Mark Tatum (Vice President of Administrative Services)
Randall Justice (Chief Legal Officer)
|Products||Employee health & wellness programs|
|Owner||SHPS Acquisition Company Inc.|
Number of employees
SHPS, Inc. (pronounced "ships") is a national provider of health improvement programs through the company's Carewise Health subsidiaries. The company employs approximately 1000 people, and is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky with multiple locations throughout the United States.
SHPS was founded in 1997, as a joint venture between SYKES Enterprises and Health Plan Services, and financed by Prudential Services. In December 1997, Prudential Services and SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated formed SYKES Health Plan Services (SHPS), Inc. In 2000, SHPS was purchased by Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe, a private equity firm which focuses on information and business services, healthcare and communications. In 2001, SHPS acquired CareWise, Inc., a provider of care management services to complement existing healthcare services offerings. In 2003, SHPS acquired eBenX, Inc., a human resource and benefits administrator. In 2004, SHPS acquired National Health Services, Inc. and Landacorp, Inc., two care management providers. In 2006, SHPS introduced its enhanced health management delivery model. In 2007, SHPS introduced a health risk engine to help employers strategically manage the clinical risk in their employee population. Also, in 2007, SHPS' Landacorp division released its CareRadius product suite, intended to simplify complex medical management processes and enable health plans to simplify work flow, improve health outcomes, and lower costs. In 2008, SHPS launched its next-generation wellness solution, an internally developed wellness program delivered on the same platform as its other health management solutions. In that same year, SHPS also launched Carewise Health, a person-centric suite of integrated services designed to improve individual health and help companies optimize their healthcare spending and benefits delivery.
SHPS / Carewise Health is headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky but the company has satellite offices in Philadelphia, PA, Minneapolis, MN, Scottsdale, AZ, and Walnut Creek, CA. Carewise Health has a large Telecommuter population in Seattle, WA.
- Health consumerism
- Health economics
- Management consulting
- Third party administrator
- "SHPS - Company Overview - Hoover's". Hoovers.com. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
-  SHPS website
- "SHPS Inc. acquires Seattle-based CareWise Inc. - Louisville - Business First". Bizjournals.com. 2001-05-25. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- Published: November 05, 2002 (2002-11-05). "Company News; Shps, A Health Care Company, Plans To Acquire Ebenx - New York Times". Nytimes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- "SHPS Holdings, Inc. Completes Acquisition of Landacorp, Inc. - Free Online Library". Thefreelibrary.com. 2004-04-27. Retrieved 2013-11-05.
- SHPS | Improving personal health and optimizing healthcare spending
- "ADP Completes Acquisition of the Human Resource Solutions Subsidiary of SHPS, Inc.". Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Exl Acquires Landacorp To Provide A Comprehensive Suite Of Operations, Analytics And Technology Solutions For The Healthcare Industry". Landacorp. 15 October 2012. Retrieved 2012-10-19.