Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up SIC or sic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sic, as the label "[sic]" found immediately following a copy of text, indicates that the source is presumed to be erroneous and has been intentionally transcribed without correction.
Sic, SIC, etc., also may refer to:
Arts, media, and entertainment
- Sic (band), modern hardcore/thrash metal band from the Faroe Islands
- sic (experimental musician), styled as [sic], stage name of Jennifer Morris, a Canadian noise artist
- "(sic)", a song by American band Slipknot on the 1999 album Slipknot
- Sons Idées Couleurs, 1916–1919 magazine produced by Pierre Albert-Birot
- Sic (album), a 2005 jazz/fusion album by Austrian guitarist Alex Machacek
- SIC Ferries, a company operating inter-island ferry services in Shetland, off the northeast coast of Scotland
- SIC Insurance Company, a Ghanaian insurance company
- SIC Processing, a company that designs and manufactures hydroclone technology
- Sociedade Independente de Comunicação, a Portuguese television network and media company that owns the following channels:
- Standing Interpretations Committee, see International Financial Reporting Standards, to provide a common global language for business affairs
- Swiss Interbank Clearing system, a mechanism for the clearing of domestic and international payments
- United Kingdom Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities, intended to classify businesses according to the type of their economic activity
- Scottish Independence Convention, a Scottish convention of pro-independence forces to establish an independent Scotland.
Science and technology
- Segmented Integer Counter mode, a mode of operation in cryptography
- SiC or silicon carbide, a semiconductor, rare mineral, and tool-making material
- Simplified Instructional Computer, a hypothetical computer for learning systems programming
- Sistema Interconectado Central, power grid in Chile
- Standard Industrial Classification, US codes for classifying industries
- Successive Interference Cancellation, a technique used in wireless communications for receiving data from two wireless sources simultaneously.
- Self-interference cancellation mode of operation of a wireless device, where the device is transmitting and receiving data at the same time.
- San Isidro Club, an Argentine rugby union club
- SIC Racing Team, a Malaysian Grand Prix motorcycle racing team
- Second-in-command, an officer who backs up a commander or other person in charge
- Sic, Cluj, a commune in Romania
- SIC (criminal organisation), a security and insurance company in Bulgaria
- SS Iron Chieftain (1937), an Australian iron ore carrier which was sunk during World War II by a Japanese submarine
- Super Imaginative Chogokin, die-cast metallic figurines by Bandai
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title SIC.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.