|Look up sic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
sic, as the label "[sic]" found immediately following a copy of text, indicates that the source is presumed to be erroneous and has been intentionally transcribed without correction.
Sic, SIC, etc. also may refer to:
- SiC, silicon carbide, semiconductor, rare mineral, and tool-making material
- Sic, Cluj, a commune in Romania
- Sic (band), modern hardcore/thrash metal band from the Faroe Islands
- sic (experimental musician), styled as [sic], stage name of Jennifer Morris, a Canadian noise artist
- "(sic)", a song by American band Slipknot on the album Slipknot
As an acronym, SIC may refer to:
Arts and media
- Sociedade Independente de Comunicação (SIC), a television company in Portugal
- Sons Idées Couleurs, 1916-1919 magazine produced by Pierre Albert-Birot
- United Kingdom Standard Industrial Classification of Economic Activities
- Standing Interpretations Committee, see International Financial Reporting Standards
- Swiss Interbank Clearing system
- San Isidro Club, an Argentine rugby union club
Science and technology
- Segmented Integer Counter mode, a mode of operation in cryptography
- Simplified instructional computer, a hypothetical computer for learning systems programming
- Sistema Interconectado Central power grid in Chile
- Standard Industrial Classification, US codes for classifying industries
- Super Imaginative Chogokin, toy figures
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title SIC.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.