SIGKDD is the Association for Computing Machinery's Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. It became an official ACM SIG in 1998. The official web page of SIGKDD can be found on www.kdd.org.
SIGKDD has hosted an annual conference - ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD) - since 1995. KDD Conferences grew from KDD (Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining) workshops at AAAI conferences, which were started by Gregory I. Piatetsky-Shapiro in 1989, 1991, and 1993, and Usama Fayyad in 1994. Conference papers of each Proceedings of the SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining are published through ACM
KDD-2012 took place in Beijing, China, KDD-2013 took place in Chicago, USA., KDD-2014 was in New York City, USA., and The 21st ACM SIG-KDD conference was held in Sydney, Australia August 2015. Here is a full list of past KDD meetings.
The group also annually recognizes members of the KDD community with its Innovation Award and Service Award. Additionally, KDD presents a Best Paper Award to recognize the highest quality paper at each conference.
- Bart Goethals (since 2010)
- Osmar R. Zaiane (2008-2010)
- Ramakrishnan Srikant (2006-2007)
- Sunita Sarawagi (2003-2006)
- Usama Fayyad (1999-2002)
- Usama Fayyad (2009-2013)
- Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro (2005-2008)
- Won Kim (1998-2004)
Former Executive Committee (2009-2013)
- Johannes Gehrke
- Robert Grossman
- David D. Jensen
- Raghu Ramakrishnan
- Sunita Sarawagi
- Ramakrishnan Srikant
- Ankur Teredesai (2011-)
- Gabor Melli (2004-2011)
- Ramakrishnan Srikant (1998-2003)
- "Event: KDD". acm.org.
- "Welcome to KDD-2012: August 12-16, 2012 Beijing, China". sigkdd.org.
- "Past KDD Conferences and Workshops". kdnuggets.com.
- "KDD Conference Best Paper Awards". Retrieved 2012-04-07.
- SIGKDD Blog. "SIGKDD Explorations". kdd.org.
- "Srikant's Home Page". rsrikant.com.
- Official website
- Official websites for 2013 Conference, 2014 Conference, 2015 Conference
- ACM SIGKDD Explorations
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|