SIG Pro (SP 2022 variant)
|Place of origin||United States, Exeter, NH|
|Used by||See Users|
|Manufacturer||SIG Sauer, Inc.|
|Mass||765 g (27.0 oz) (SP 2340 .40 S&W)|
775 g (27.3 oz) (SP 2340 .357 SIG, SP 2022 .40 S&W, SP 2022 .357 SIG)
715 g (25.2 oz) (SP 2009, SP 2022 9×19mm Parabellum)
700 g (25 oz) (SPC 2009)
715 g (25.2 oz) (SP 2022 9×19mm Parabellum)
715 g (25.2 oz)
|Length||187 mm (7.4 in) (SP 2340, SP 2009, SP 2022)|
|Action||Short recoil operated, locked breech|
|Effective firing range||50 m|
|Feed system||12-round detachable box magazine (models chambered in .40 S&W and .357 SIG)|
15-round magazine (9×19mm Parabellum models)
|Sights||Fixed iron sights, front – blade, rear – notch|
The SIG Pro is a series of semi-automatic pistols developed by SIG Sauer in Exeter, NH, US. It was the first polymer-frame handgun from SIG Sauer and one of the first pistols to feature a built-in universal accessory rail and interchangeable grips.
The SIG Pro was marketed as a lightweight and compact alternative to the "legacy" SIG Sauer handguns in an increasingly competitive and budget-oriented law enforcement market. It was originally developed as a .40 S&W–caliber service pistol and introduced in June 1998 with the SP 2340 model, followed shortly by a version in .357 SIG (which retained the same model designation). About one year later, a 9×19mm Parabellum variant, the SP 2009, was introduced and entered production in response to demand for the type. cl
- Bulgaria: Bulgarian Military police
- Colombia: Colombian National Police, several thousand SP2009 and 120,890 SP2022
- France: French law enforcement and internal security agencies (including the National Gendarmerie, National Police and French Customs), over 250,000 of SP 2022 (the largest single order for service handguns since World War II)
- Iraq: US-purchased SP 2022's were issued by MNSTC-I (Multi-National Security Transition Command-Iraq) to the Iraqi Army in 2005 
- Malaysia: Royal Malaysia Police (some 2,000 batches of SP2022 and SPC2022 pistols chambered in 9mm purchased in year 2007)
- Peru: SP 2022, National Police of Peru
- Portugal: SP 2022, Republican National Guard and Public Security Police
- Switzerland: SPC 2009, Swiss Military Police (as the Pistole 03).
- Ayoob, Massad F. (2004), The Gun Digest Book of SIG-Sauer: A Complete Look at SIG-Sauer Pistols, Gun Digest, p. 78
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2010-11-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Ayoob, 80
- Worthen, Benjamin (April 1, 2012). "SP2022". NetGunsmith.com. Archived from the original on June 29, 2012. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Sig Sauer será el proveedor de pistolas 9 mm para la Policía de Perú - Noticias Infodefensa América". Infodefensa.com (in Spanish). December 9, 2015. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- http://www.mediathek.admin.ch/AssetDetail.aspx?ID=170626&queryId=-705115147[permanent dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SIG Pro.|