|Focus||Data Science, E-Science, Open Innovation, Computational finance, Enabling Technologies|
|David Sharp, CEO; Gail Pemberton-Burke, Chair|
SIRCA is a provider of online services to support finance and other data-intensive research at universities, Government and financial market participants world-wide.
SIRCA was incorporated in 1997 as a not-for-profit company to host and manage share price data from the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) for a small group of collaborating Australian universities.
In its early years, SIRCA collaborated with the ASX and other research partners on a number of landmark studies including:
- ASIC review of the research on the past performance of managed funds  
- The ASX-SIRCA Benchmarking Study 
- The Importance of Market Integrity  
- Identity Fraud in Australia 
A report for financial intelligence agency AUSTRAC which found it to be $1.1Bn problem.
Today, SIRCA serves over 50 universities including 37 member universities in Australia and New Zealand and over 20 from North America, Europe and Asia.
SIRCA in partnership with the Australian Financial Markets Association produces the Australian Financial Markets Report (AFMR) - an annual report with comprehensive coverage and statistics on all Australia's financial markets including equities, futures, bonds and over-the-counter securities. In 2012, these markets collectively turned over collectively turned over more than $125 trillion in 2011-12.
SIRCA technology underpins the market leading Thomson Reuters Tick History database. This is used by most leading financial institutions around the world as a source of historical tick and end of day data for a variety of functions, including the back testing of algorithms to support automated trading strategies, and for a range of risk and compliance related tasks.
SIRCA is a registered as a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee with the Australian company regulator Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC). SIRCA’s governance is overseen by a Board of Directors, and Executive.
- Australian Securities Exchange (ASX)
- Thomson Reuters
- Reserve Bank of Australia
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre
- "Surveillance and Compliance at NASDAQ OMX". Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "SIRCA incorporation records at the Australian Government's Company Regulator: ASIC". Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "A Review of the Research on the Past Performance of Managed Funds" (PDF). Retrieved 8 October 2012.
- "Taking Stock, ASX News October 2003" (PDF). Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "The Importance of Market Integrity: An analysis of ASX self regulation by James Rydge and Carole Comerton-Forde" (PDF). Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "Australian Institute of Criminology, Emerging trends. Feb 2011" (PDF). Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "SIRCA University Partnerships". Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "2012 Australian Financial Markets Report" (PDF). Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Thomson Reuters Tick History". Retrieved 15 September 2012.
- "SIRCA Board". Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "SIRCA Executive". Retrieved 1 November 2012.