அம்பாறை விமான நிலையம்
SLAF Ampara crest
|Owner||Government of Sri Lanka|
|Operator||Sri Lanka Air Force|
|Location||Gal-Oya, Sri Lanka|
|In use||1989 – present|
|Elevation AMSL||46 m / 151 ft|
Ampara Airport (Sinhalese: අම්පාර ගුවන්තොටුපළ, Tamil: அம்பாறை விமான நிலையம், IATA: ADP, ICAO: VCCG), also known Gal-Oya Airport, is a domestic airport in Gal-Oya in southeastern Sri Lanka. It is also a military airbase known as Sri Lanka Air Force Ampara or SLAF Ampara.
The facility is located 4.35 nautical miles (8.1 km) northwest of the town of Ampara. It resides at an elevation of 46 metres (151 ft) and has one runway designated 07/25 with a bitumen surface measuring 1,097 by 46 metres (3,599 ft × 151 ft).
An air strip in Gal Oya near Uhana was built in the 1950s by the Gal Oya Development Board. A Sri Lanka Air Force detachment from SLAF Katunayake moved onto the air strip on 19 December 1989. The Regimental Training Center opened at the base in July 2000.
Airlines and destinations
- "Airline and Airport Code Search (ADP: Ampara / Gal Oya)". International Air Transport Association (IATA). Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- "VCCG – GAL-OYA / Amparai". AIP Sri Lanka. Aeronautical Information Services of the Airport & Aviation Services (Sri Lanka) Ltd. 17 October 2013. Archived from the original on 2016-01-24.
- "Sri Lanka Air Force Ampara". AirForce.lk. Sri Lanka Air Force. Archived from the original on 2016-01-26.
- "Sri Lankan Aviation History". Ministry of Civil Aviation, Sri Lanka.
- "History of Air Force Ampara". Sri Lanka Air Force. Archived from the original on 21 December 2007.
|This article about a Sri Lankan airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|