Jump to navigation Jump to search
SMPTE 2059 is a standard from the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) that describes how to synchronize video equipment over an IP network. The standard is based on IEEE 1588. SMPTE 2059 is published in two parts:
- SMPTE 2059-1 – Defines signal generation based on time information delivered by the IEEE 1588 protocol.
- SMPTE 2059-2 – Defines an operating profile for the IEEE protocol optimized to the needs of media synchronization.
- Al Kovalick (2016-02-16), Time Transfer in Networked Systems, TV Technology
- Phil Kurz (2017-01-19), Support Growing For SMPTE IP, TV News Check
- David Davies (2016-06-16), Can the AIMS Alliance bring clarity to the IP debate?, PSN Europe
- AES-R16-2016: AES Standards Report - PTP parameters for AES67 and SMPTE ST 2059-2 interoperability, Audio Engineering Society, 2016-05-02
|This standards- or measurement-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|