SM Seaside City Cebu
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for geographic features. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
SM Seaside in May 2018
|Location||South Road Properties Brgy. Mambaling, Cebu City, Philippines|
|Opening date||November 27, 2015|
|Developer||SM Prime Holdings|
|Management||SM Prime Holdings|
|Owner||Henry Sy Sr.|
|Architect||Arquitectonica- Design Consultant, WV Coscolluela & Associates - Architect ; Wow Architects - Interior Designer|
|No. of stores and services||700+|
|No. of anchor tenants||12|
|Total retail floor area||470,490 m2 (5,064,300 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||5|
|Website||SM Seaside City Cebu|
SM Seaside City Cebu, also known locally as SM Seaside or just Seaside, is a large shopping mall owned and developed by SM Prime Holdings in Cebu City, Philippines that opened on 27 November 2015, exactly 22 years after SM City Cebu. which opened in 1993. It is the centerpiece of the SM Seaside Complex, a 30-hectare mixed-use development at the South Road Properties.
It is currently the 3rd largest shopping mall in the Philippines and the eighth in the world. The mall has a gross leasable area (GLA) of more than 470,000 square meters. SM Seaside City Cebu is SM Prime Holdings' third mall in Metro Cebu and its 55th mall in the Philippines. The mall is designed by Arquitectonica, the same company which designed SM City North EDSA, SM Mall of Asia and SM Megamall.
On April 12, 2011, SM Prime Holdings held a ground-breaking ceremony at the mall's location.
SM Prime Holdings President Hans Sy said that the company has made adjustments to its destination mall project at SRP, in terms of budget allocation to ₱8.5 billion, from the original budget of ₱6 billion. The whole SM Seaside Complex costs ₱30 billion.
On November 27, 2015, SM Seaside opened and many shoppers flocked the mall, causing major traffic in the South Road Properties area. And during that night, a fireworks display was held to celebrate the opening of the large mall.
The SM Seaside City Cebu is a circular-shaped retail mall with multiple anchors, including a two-story The SM Store, SM Supermarket, a Centerstage theater, a Large Screen format cinema by Christie, two Director's Club cinemas, and 4 regular cinemas, an 18-lane SM Bowling and Amusement Center, and an olympic-size ice skating rink across the food court.
A 16,000-seater indoor arena named Seaside City Arena was proposed to be built but such plan was later cancelled due to the alleged attacks by the Cebu City mayor, Tomas Osmeña against the project.
SMX Convention Center
The proposed SMX Convention Center Cebu will stand on SM Seaside City Cebu.
This tower is located on the center of the mall, a 150-meter tall Seaside Tower (equivalent to 50-storey) will open soon. There are restaurants and coffee shops and a viewing deck at the top of the tower which provide people a 360-degree view of Cebu City and the mall. The tower is supported by columns of 1500mm x 1500mm dimensions of 21 MPA concrete ultimate compression strength from the foundation up to the third level.
- List of largest shopping malls in the world
- List of largest shopping malls in the Philippines
- List of shopping malls in the Philippines
- "SM Seaside City set to change Cebu landscape". Yahoo! Philippines News. Manila Bulletin. April 18, 2011. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- "SM hikes investment in new mall". Cebu Daily News. Philippine Daily Inquirer. June 6, 2015. Retrieved December 5, 2015.
- "Biggest mall in Vis-Min, SM Seaside City Cebu, opens November 27". Interaksyon. Archived from the original on 2016-11-04.
- "To open on September 2015 SM Seaside Complex construction on track". The Philippine Star. The Freeman. January 16, 2014. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- Badua, Snow (22 October 2013). "Slightly smaller version of MOA Arena set to rise in Cebu, says official". Spin.ph. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Nalzaro, Bobby (23 January 2017). "Nalzaro: SM to cancel multi-billion projects". Sun.Star Cebu. Sun.Star Cebu. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- Limpag, Mike T. (25 January 2017). "Limpag: Fans dream of arena foiled by politics". Sun.Star. Sun.Star. Retrieved 6 February 2019.
- "10 Things SM Seaside City Cebu Has to Offer". December 9, 2015. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SM Seaside City Cebu.|
SM Center Sangandaan
| 56th SM Supermall
SM City San Jose Del Monte