|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2012)|
|Shopping mall management|
|Traded as||SM Supermalls|
|Founded||November 8, 1985|
|Headquarters||Tenth Floor, Mall of Asia Arena Annex Building, Coral Way corner Jose Diokno Boulevard, Mall of Asia Complex, Pasay|
Number of locations
|Henry Sy, Sr. (Founder, Chairman and CEO)|
|Owner||SM Prime Holdings, Inc.|
|Slogan||We've got it all for you!|
|Website||SM Supermalls Official Website|
SM Supermalls, owned by SM Prime Holdings, Inc., is a chain of shopping malls in the Philippines, with 52 malls across the Philippines.
The company that operates the malls was started by Henry Sy, Sr. in 1958 as Shoemart, with a store in Manila. In the 1960s Shoemart expanded its shoe store chain. It is one of the pioneers in the new urban centers in Makati and Cubao. By the 1970s, Shoemart was a full-line department store, shifting its name from Shoemart to SM.
In the 1980s, the company diversified and ventured into the supermarket and home appliance store business. It opened the first "Supermall" store in 1985 in Quezon City called SM City North EDSA.
Currently operating malls
The following is a list of SM shopping malls in the Philippines and their consecutive opening dates. Italics denote planned malls or malls under construction. Gross floor area is based on the latest press release of SM Prime Holdings, and on SM Supermall Mall Profile literature.
|Name||Opening Date||Land area (m²)||Floor area (m²)||Location and description|
|SM City North EDSA||25 Nov 1985||161,000||482,959||EDSA cor. North Avenue, Quezon City|
|SM City Sta. Mesa
(formerly SM Centerpoint)
|28 Sep 1990||30,000||133,563||Ramon Magsaysay Boulevard cor. Araneta Avenue, Brgy. Doña Imelda, Quezon City|
|SM Megamall||28 Jun 1991||105,000||484,373||EDSA cor. Doña Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong City|
|SM City Cebu||04 Nov 1993||128,000||273,804||Juan Luna Avenue cor. Cabahug and Kaoshiung Streets, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City|
|SM Southmall||02 Apr 1995||200,000||205,687||Alabang Zapote Road, Brgy. Pilar Village, Las Piñas City|
|SM City Bacoor||25 Jul 1997||88,000||120,202||General Aguinaldo Highway cor. Tirona Highway, Brgy. Habay II, Bacoor, Cavite|
|SM City Fairview||25 Oct 1997||200,000||188,681||Quirino Highway cor. Regalado Avenue & Beltfast Avenue, Greater Lagro, Novaliches, Quezon City|
|SM City Iloilo||22 Jun 1999||170,000||105,954||Sen. Benigno Aquino Jr. Avenue, Jaro West Diversion Road, Mandurriao, Iloilo City|
|SM City Manila||14 Apr 2000||25,000||167,812||Natividad Almeda-Lopez (formerly called Concepcion) corner A. Villegas (formerly called Arroceros) and San Marcelino Streets, Ermita, Manila|
|SM City Pampanga||11 Nov 2000||316,000||132,484||Jose Abad Santos Avenue (formerly Olongapo-Gapan Road), Barangay Lagundi, Mexico, Pampanga and Barangay San Jose, City of San Fernando, Pampanga|
|SM City Sucat||13 Jul 2001||101,000||98,560||Dr. A. Santos Avenue cor. Carlos P. Garcia Avenue Extension (C-5), Brgy. San Dionisio, Parañaque City|
|SM City Davao||16 Nov 2001||132,000||128,145||Quimpo Boulevard cor. Tulip Drive, Ecoland Subdivision, Brgy. Matina, Davao City|
|SM City Cagayan de Oro||15 Nov 2002||52,000||87,837||Masterson Avenue cor. Gran Via Street, Pueblo de Oro Township, Uptown Carmen, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental|
|SM City Bicutan||29 Nov 2002||39,000||113,667||Doña Soledad Avenue cor. West Service Road (beside Exit 14, Bicutan Exit), Brgy. Don Bosco, Bicutan, Parañaque City|
|SM City Lucena||03 Oct 2003||80,000||78,655||Maharlika Highway cor. Dalahican Road, Brgy. Ibabang Dupay, Lucena City|
|SM City Baguio||21 Nov 2003||80,000||107,950||Luneta Hill, Upper Session Road cor. Governor Pack Road, Baguio City|
|SM City Marilao||28 Nov 2003||130,000||93,910||MacArthur Highway, Brgy. Ibayo, Marilao, Bulacan|
|SM City Dasmariñas||21 May 2004||124,000||206,231||Governor's Drive, Brgy. Sampaloc 1, Dasmariñas City, Cavite|
|SM City Batangas||12 Nov 2004||85,000||80,350||Pastor Village, Brgy. Pallocan Kanluran, Batangas City|
|SM City San Lazaro||27 May 2005||40,000||181,593||Felix Huertas Street cor. Arsenio H. Lacson Street (C-2 Road), Santa Cruz, Manila|
|SM Center Valenzuela||28 Oct 2005||25,000||70,681||MacArthur Highway, Brgy. Karuhatan, Valenzuela City|
|SM Center Molino||18 Nov 2005||48,000||52,061||Paliparan-Molino-Zapote Road cor. Citihomes Subdivision Access Road, Brgy. Molino IV, Bacoor, Cavite|
|SM City Sta. Rosa||17 Feb 2006||171,000||86,463||Old National Highway, Brgy. Tagapo, Santa Rosa City, Laguna|
|SM City Clark||12 May 2006||165,000||142,585||Manuel A. Roxas Avenue, Clark Special Economic Zone, Angeles City, Pampanga|
|SM Mall of Asia||21 May 2006||195,000||406,961||SM Central Business Park, Bay City, Pasay City|
|SM Center Pasig||19 Aug 2006||21,000||29,602||Eulogio Rodriguez Jr. Avenue (C-5) cor. Doña Julia Vargas Ave., Ugong, Pasig City|
|SM City Lipa ||22 Sep 2006||103,000||111,698||Ayala Highway, Brgy. Marauoy, Lipa City, Batangas.|
|SM City Bacolod||02 Mar 2007||161,097||171,380||Rizal Street, Reclamation Area, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental|
|SM City Taytay||09 Nov 2007||63,000||98,928||Manila East Road, Brgy. Dolores, Taytay, Rizal|
|SM Center Muntinlupa||16 Nov 2007||36,000||54,292||Km. 21, National Road, Brgy. Tunasan, Muntinlupa City|
|SM City Marikina||05 Sep 2008||59,000||178,878||Riverbanks Center, Marcos Highway, Brgy. Calumpang, Marikina City|
|SM City Rosales||28 Nov 2008||122,000||63,330||MacArthur Highway, Brgy. Carmen East, Rosales, Pangasinan|
|SM City Baliuag||12 Dec 2008||93,000||91,241||Doña Remedios Trinidad (DRT) Highway, Brgy. Pagala, Baliuag, Bulacan|
|SM City Naga||01 May 2009||44,000||75,652||Ninoy and Cory Aquino Avenue, Central Business District II, Brgy. Triangulo, Naga City, Camarines Sur|
|SM Center Las Piñas||02 Oct 2009||29,000||39,788||Alabang-Zapote Road, Brgy. Pamplona Dos, Las Piñas City|
|SM City Rosario||20 Nov 2009||54,000||59,326||General Trias Drive, Brgy. Tejeros Convention, Rosario, Cavite|
|SM City Tarlac||30 Apr 2010||34,000||101,629||MacArthur Highway, Brgy. San Roque, Tarlac City, Tarlac|
|SM City San Pablo||01 Oct 2010||69,000||56,609||Maharlika Highway, Riverina Residential and Commercial Estates, Brgy. San Rafael, San Pablo City, Laguna|
|SM City Calamba||15 Oct 2010||55,000||67,384||National Road, Calamba City Triangle, Brgy. Real, Calamba City, Laguna|
|SM City Novaliches||22 Oct 2010||77,000||60,560||Quirino Highway, Brgy. San Bartolome, Novaliches, Quezon City|
|SM City Masinag||6 May 2011||37,000||90,261||Marcos Highway, Brgy. Mayamot, Masinag, Antipolo City|
|SM City Olongapo||10 Feb 2012||10,000||47,426||Magsaysay Drive cor. Gordon Avenue, Olongapo City|
|SM City Consolacion||1 Jun 2012||46,926||103,489||Rizal Avenue (Cebu North Road), Barangay Lamac, Consolacion, Cebu|
|SM City San Fernando||20 Jul 2012||7,835||43,130||V. Tomico Street cor. Consunji Street, Downtown Heritage District, Brgy. Sto. Rosario, City of San Fernando, Pampanga|
|SM City General Santos||10 Aug 2012||80,000||125,245||San Miguel Street cor. Santiago Blvd., General Santos City|
|SM Lanang Premier||28 Sep 2012||640,000||144,002||Former Lanang Golf and Country Club, J.P. Laurel Avenue, Lanang District, Davao City|
|SM Aura Premier||17 May 2013||125,000||249,862||McKinley Parkway and C5 Road cor. 26th St., Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City|
|SM City BF Parañaque||29 Nov 2013||27,000||120,200||Dr. A. Santos Avenue cor. President's Avenue, Teoville Subdivision, Brgy. BF Homes, Parañaque City|
|SM City Cauayan||30 May 2014||36,622||70,614||National Highway, District II, Cauayan City, Isabela|
|SM Center Angono||14 Nov 2014||12,650||41,481||Manila East Road, Brgy. San Isidro, Angono, Rizal|
|SM Megacenter Cabanatuan||24 Apr 2015||55,000||50,000||Between Melencio St. and Gen. Tinio St., Brgy. San Roque Norte, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija|
|SM City San Mateo||15 May 2015||22,882||80,043||Gen. Luna Avenue, Brgy. Ampid 1, San Mateo, Rizal|
|Name||Opening Date||Land area (m²)||Floor area (m²)||Location|
|SM City Cabanatuan||September 24, 2015||140,000||153,756.15||Km. 112 Maharlika Highway, Brgy. H. Concepcion, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija|
|SM Center Sangandaan||October 2015||TBA||35,319||Samson Road, Sangandaan, Caloocan City|
|SM Seaside City Cebu||November 29, 2015||304,100||470,000||South Road Properties, Cebu City|
|SM City Puerto Princesa||3Q 2016||TBA||TBA||Puerto Princesa City, Palawan|
|SM City Butuan||4Q 2016||37,233||80,000||Jose C. Aquino Avenue, Brgy. Lapu-Lapu, Butuan City, Agusan del Norte|
|SM City San Jose Del Monte||2016||TBA||TBA||Quirino Highway, San Jose Del Monte City, Bulacan|
|SM CDO2 Premier||2017||28,935||91,600||Claro M. Recto Ave. cor Osmena Street, Cagayan de Oro City|
- "SM Through the Years 1958-2008" (2008). p. 2.
- Press Release; PDF auto-download; SM Prime Official Website; retrieved ???.
- SM Supermalls Mall Profile (April). 2011. Missing or empty
- "Mall List SM City North EDSA". SM Prime. Retrieved 12 April 2014.
- "NEW SHOPPING MALLS EARNINGS RAISE SM PRIME'S NET INCOME". Manila Times – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). 9 May 2007. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Zinnia B. Dela Peña. Wednesday, April 29, 2009. "SM Prime earmarks P12 billion for expansion of RP, China malls". Philippine Star. SM Prime Holdings
- Kristine Jane R. Liu. February 26, 2009. "Developers building more malls in time for economic recovery". Business World. SM Prime Holdings[dead link]
- "HIGHLANDS PRIME ALLOTS P1 B FOR CAPEX". Sm Prime. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "SM signs lease for Consolacion mall". Sun.Star. 2010-10-11. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- SM Lanang Premiere Davao includes two BPO buildings
- Kristine Jane R. Liu and Carmelito Q. Francisco. April 29, 2009. "SM Prime to open one mall every year in mainland China". Business World. SM Prime Holdings
- Honey Madrilejos-Reyes. March 3, 2009. "SM Prime to Build Shopping Complex Near The Fort". Business Mirror. SM Prime Holdings
- Manila Bulletin. "SM Prime posts 14% growth in net income to P8.43 B in 9 months". mb.com.ph.
- the staff. "SM’s BGC beachhead". inquirer.net.
- "SM City Cauayan opening date announcement". Facebook. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Krista Angela M. Montealegre, May 30, 2014 "SM launches first mall in Cagayan Valley". Interaksyon.com. Interaksyon TV 5
- Krista Angela M. Montealegre, November 8, 2012 "SM group sets record capex for 2013". Interaksyon.com. Interaksyon TV 5
- November 8, 2012 "SM Investments set P65B capex for '13". Balita.ph. Balita.ph
- VG Cabuag, February 19, 2013 "SM Prime profits hit P10.5B in 2012". SMPrime.com. SM PRIME
- Richard R. Gappi. Friday, 3 October 2014. "SM Angono’s blessing on Nov. 13; grand public opening, Nov. 14. Rizalhenyo
- "SM opens 50th mall, remains bullish on expansion in the Philippines". SM opens 50th mall, remains bullish on expansion in the Philippines. SM Prime Holdings. Retrieved Friday, November 14, 2014.
- Wednesday, August 28, 2013. "SM Center Angono Groundbreaking". Business Mirror
- April 24, 2015. "Enjoy an all new shopping experience at SM Megacenter Cabanatuan". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Press Reader
- Roque, Anselmo (26 April 2015). "Cabanatuan home to 51st mall of firm". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- SM Prime Holdings 2014 Results. p. 9. SM Prime Holdings
- SM Investments Corporation Annual Report 2011: Trends & Expectations Section
- "SM to open four new malls". SM to open four new malls. BusinessWorld. Retrieved Tuesday, August 27, 2013.
- After 10-yr negotiation, SM Prime to build mall in Cabanatuan City; "GMA Network;" By: M J Cayabyab; retrieved 08-04-2012
- "FINALLY, SM IN CALOOCAN AND ANOTHER HOSPITAL". remate.ph.
- "SM Seaside City - Timeline Photos - Facebook". facebook.com.
- "SM Seaside to open in November". Sun.Star.
- "SM seals SRP stake". Sun.Star. 2010-01-15. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- SM Prime Holdings Retail Bonds Prospectus 2014. p. 48. Philippine Dealing Exchange
- "SM to start constructing mall in Puerto Princesa in 2014 - mayor". InterAksyon.com.
- SM Prime Holdings Retail Bonds Prospectus 2014. p. 49. Philippine Dealing Exchange
- "SM constructing 2 Mindanao malls". manilastandardtoday.com.
- San Jose Del Monte City Public Information Office. Friday, September 19, 2014. Facebook
- SM Prime Holdings Retail Bonds Prospectus 2014. p. 50. Philippine Dealing Exchange
- "A Closer Look at SM CDO 2 Premier". TsadaGyud!.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SM Prime Holdings.|