SNCF Class BB 25500
|Class BB 25500|
SNCF BB 25594 at Strasbourg Central Station, (August 2009)
|Gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Driver diameter||1,100 mm (3 ft 7 in)|
|Length||14.70 m or 48 ft 3 in (25501–25544)
14.94 m or 49 ft 0 in (25545–25587)
15.57 m or 51 ft 1 in (25588–25694)
|Locomotive weight||79 t (78 long tons; 87 short tons) (25501–25544)
80 t (79 long tons; 88 short tons) (25545–25555)
77 t (76 long tons; 85 short tons) (25556–25587)
77 t (76 long tons; 85 short tons) (25588–25694)
1.5 kV DC
25 kV 50 Hz AC
|Traction motors||2×TAB 660B1 monomotors|
|Top speed||100 or 140 km/h (62 or 87 mph)|
|Power output||2,940 kW (3,940 hp)|
|Tractive effort||330 kN (74,200 lbf) or
197 kN (44,300 lbf)
|Number in class||TER: 102
|Locale||TER: Bourgogne, Bretagne, Franche-Comté, PACA, Rhône-Alpes;
Transilien:Paris Montparnasse - Dreux/Mantes la Jolie
SNCF's BB 25500 class are part of a series of electric locomotives built by Alstom. They are the dual system version of the BB 17000 (AC) and BB 8500 (DC) locomotives (17000+8500=25500). They are fitted with monomotor bogies with two different gear ratios.[clarification needed] This allows them to have increased tractive effort in exchange for a reduction in top speed. This makes them suitable for both freight and passenger trains.
They were built in three distinct batches leading to detail differences. They remain in use as mixed traffic locomotives, mostly with TER and Transilien.
Locomotives 25517, 25518, 25523, 25528, 25572 & 25576 have been exported to Romania. They work with former SNCF Rio carriages for Regiotrans. Services worked are:
- Brașov - Bucharest - Constanţa (Summer)
- Brasov - Bucharest - Craiova (Winter)
- Brasov - Alba Iulia
- Alba Iulia - Arad
- Alba Iulia - Cugir
- Arad - Timișoara
The locomotives have been renumbered by adding 400,000 to their SNCF numbers.
525630 pushes a push-pull train at Lyon Vaise in 2008.
- Marco van Uden. "SNCF TER electric locomotives". Retrieved 3 February 2008.
- Marco van Uden. "SNCF Île de France electric locomotives". Retrieved 3 February 2008.
- Haydock, David; Fox, Peter (1999). European Handbook No. 4 French Railways Locomotives & Multiple Units (Third Edition ed.). Sheffield, UK: Platform 5 Publishing Ltd. ISBN 1-872524-87-7.
- "Locomotive electrice BB 25500 si rame RIB/RIO" (in (Romanian)). Retrieved 1 March 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SNCF Class BB 25500.|