SN postcode area
Postcode district boundaries:
|Postcode area name|
|Statistics as at May 2020|
The SN postcode area, also known as the Swindon postcode area, is a group of eighteen postcode districts in England, within ten post towns. These cover north Wiltshire (including Swindon, Chippenham, Calne, Corsham, Devizes, Malmesbury, Marlborough, Melksham and Pewsey), plus a small part of south-west Oxfordshire (including Faringdon) and a very small part of Gloucestershire.
The approximate coverage of the postcode districts:
|Postcode district||Post town||Coverage||Local authority area(s)|
|SN1||SWINDON||Swindon town centre south of the railway line, Old Town, southwest suburbs||Swindon|
|SN2||SWINDON||Swindon town centre north of the railway line, inner suburbs to the north and northwest including Upper Stratton and Kingsdown||Swindon|
|SN3||SWINDON||Swindon east suburbs, Stratton St Margaret, South Marston||Swindon|
|SN4||SWINDON||Royal Wootton Bassett, Clyffe Pypard, Broad Town, Broad Hinton, Wroughton, Chiseldon, Liddington, Wanborough, Hinton Parva||Swindon, Wiltshire|
|SN5||SWINDON||West Swindon, Lydiard Millicent, Purton||Swindon, Wiltshire|
|SN6||SWINDON||Highworth, Cricklade, Shrivenham, Watchfield, Ashton Keynes, Ashbury, Bishopstone, Castle Eaton, Hannington, Idstone, Marston Meysey, Leigh||Swindon, Wiltshire, Vale of White Horse|
|SN7||FARINGDON||Faringdon, Stanford in the Vale, Uffington, Longcot, Fernham, Buckland, Great Coxwell, Little Coxwell, Littleworth, Shellingford, Buscot||Vale of White Horse|
|SN8||MARLBOROUGH||Marlborough, Ramsbury, Mildenhall, Aldbourne, Axford, Burbage, Baydon, Great Bedwyn||Wiltshire|
|SN9||PEWSEY||Pewsey, Upavon, Enford||Wiltshire|
|SN10||DEVIZES||Devizes, Market Lavington, Rowde||Wiltshire|
|SN11||CALNE||Calne, Heddington, Hilmarton||Wiltshire|
|SN12||MELKSHAM||Melksham, Bowerhill, Seend, Broughton Gifford||Wiltshire|
|SN13||CORSHAM||Corsham, Box, Neston||Wiltshire|
|SN14||CHIPPENHAM||Chippenham (west), Marshfield, Kington St Michael, Hullavington, Luckington, Grittleton, Yatton Keynell, Biddestone, Colerne||Wiltshire, South Gloucestershire|
|SN15||CHIPPENHAM||Chippenham (east), Bromham, Sandy Lane, Lacock, Burleaze, Pewsham, Monkton Park, Foxham, Dauntsey, Seagry, Christian Malford, Bradenstoke, Sutton Benger, Lyneham, Draycot Cerne, Cleverton, Little Somerford, Langley Burrell, Great Somerford, Brinkworth||Wiltshire|
|SN16||MALMESBURY||Sherston, Malmesbury, Crudwell, Minety||Wiltshire|
|SN25||SWINDON||Swindon outer north suburbs including Haydon Wick and Priory Vale; Blunsdon St Andrew||Swindon|
|SN38||SWINDON||Nationwide Building Society||non-geographic|
The SN25 and SN26 districts were formed out of the SN2 district in 1999.
- "ONS Postcode Directory Version Notes" (ZIP). National Statistics Postcode Products. Office for National Statistics. May 2020. Table 2. Retrieved 19 June 2020. Coordinates from mean of unit postcode points, "Code-Point Open". OS OpenData. Ordnance Survey. February 2012. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
- Royal Mail, Address Management Guide, (2004)
- "SN15 postboxes". edwardbetts.com. Retrieved 11 April 2018.
- "New sectors and localities to 14 December 2012" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. 20 December 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 February 2015. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "Non Geographic Codes" (PDF). Royal Mail Address Management Unit. July 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 September 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "Royal Mail Postcode Update 30". Beacon Dodsworth. Retrieved 22 April 2017.