|Location||Sutjeska 2, 21000
Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia
|Owner||JP SPC Vojvodina|
|Capacity||7,022 (Main Hall), 1,623 (Ice Rink), 1,030 (Small Hall)|
|Opened||April 14, 1981|
SPC Vojvodina (Serbian: Спортски и пословни центар "Војводина", Sportski i poslovni centar "Vojvodina"), commonly referred to as SPENS, is a multi-purpose venue located in Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia. It operates under publicly owned company JP "Sportski i poslovni centar Vojvodina", which in addition to SPENS also has "Sajmište Sports Center" under its umbrella.
Sprawled over 85,000 m2, SPENS consists of main hall (capacity: 7,022 seats), 'small' hall (capacity: 1,030), ice-hockey rink (capacity: 1,623), bowling alley, shooting range, 3 training halls, swimming pool, 11 tennis courts, media center, 2 press centers, amphitheater, reception salon, conference hall, double-level garage, and 215 retail and business spaces that house banks, furniture stores, tourist agencies, jewelers, bookstores, pool halls, fitness clubs, boutiques, etc.
Its construction was completed in less than 2 years, and on April 14, 1981, SPENS opened its door for the first time, its inaugural event being the 36th World Table Tennis Championships in Novi Sad (Serbian: Stonotenisko Prvenstvo Evrope Novi Sad – SPENS, hence the unofficial name of the venue).[dubious ]
The venue received its biggest media exposure when it hosted round-robin action of Eurobasket 2005 in group D which consisted of Spain, Latvia, Israel and host country Serbia and Montenegro. For this occasion SPENS received a major facelift that included improvements to building's technological capabilities, overhaul of its media center and addition of two video boards – one on each end of the main hall.
The arena hosted the Group C (group stage) and the Group II of the main round, which consisted of Spain, Croatia, France, Hungary, Slovenia and Iceland of the 2012 European Men's Handball Championship.
Concerts & Events
In addition to sporting events, SPENS is often utilized as venue of choice for numerous concerts, film premieres, conventions, etc. The first ever concert held in the SPENS was by the group Sedmorica Mladih and it drew 5,000 people.
- Piloti (band) performed a concert on 28. November 2009.
- Van Gogh (band) performed a concert on 12. December 2009.
- Zlatan Stipišić Gibonni performed a concert on 1. October 2011.
- Aca Lukas performed a concert on 5. November 2011.
- Zdravko Čolić performed a concert on 24. December 2011.
- Aca Lukas performed a concert promoting his Stil života (album) on 8. November 2012.
- Tony Cetinski performed a concert on 8. March 2012.
- Ana Bekuta performed a concert on 19. April 2012.
- Dino Merlin performed a concert on 27. April 2012.
- Parni Valjak performed a concert on 25. May 2012.
- Tozovac performed a concert on 8. March 2013.
- Riblja Čorba performed a concert on 30. May 2013.
- Severina Vučković performed a concert as part of her Dobrodošao u Klub Tour on 18. October 2013.
- Svetlana Ražnatović CECA performed two sold out, back to back shows as part of her Poziv Tour on 22. & 23. November 2013.
- Bajaga i Instruktori performed a concert on 27. December 2013.
- Lepa Brena performed a Valentine's Day concert as part of her Začarani krug tour on 14. February 2014.
- Doris Dragović is performing a concert titled Malo mi za sriću triba on 8. March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SPENS.|
|Cup Winners' Cup
Palais des Sports
|FIBA U-19 World Championship
North Shore Events Centre