California State Route 224
SR 224 highlighted in red
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||1.8 mi (2.9 km)|
|Existed:||1964 – 1998|
|South end:||Carpinteria State Beach|
|North end:||US 101 in Carpinteria|
The route ran from Route 101 at its junction with, and south on, Casitas Pass Road in Carpinteria. Route 224 then turned west on Carpinteria Avenue before heading south along Palm Avenue, ending at Carpinteria State Beach.
In 1933, a road from Carpinteria to the state park was added to the state highway system. It was given the number of Route 152 in 1935. SR 224 was defined in the 1964 state highway renumbering. The route was deleted in 1996 by the California State Legislature. Today, a milepost at the Route 101 overpass for Casitas Pass Road serves as the only remaining signage for Route 224.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route was in Carpinteria, Santa Barbara County.
|R1.80||Carpinteria State Beach|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- California Department of Transportation (July 2007). "Log of Bridges on State Highways". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation.
- California State Assembly. "An act to amend sections 2, 3 and 5 and to add two sections to be numbered 6 and 7 to an act entitled 'An act to provide for the acquisition of rights of way for and the construction, maintenance...". Fiftieth Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 767 p. 2034–2042.
- California State Assembly. "An act...relating to State highways". Fifty-first Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 274.
- California State Assembly. "An act to add Section 253 and Article 3 (commencing with Section 300) to Chapter 2 of Division 1 of, and to repeal Section 253 and Article 3 (commencing with Section 300) of Chapter 2 of Division 1 of, the...". 1963 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 385 p. 1182.
- California State Assembly. "An act to amend Section 564 of the Code of Civil Procedure, to amend Section 19993.7 of, and to add Section 65088.5 to, the Government Code, and to amend Sections 11474, 44013.5, and 44521 of, and to repeal Sections 39047.4...". 1995–1996 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 1154.
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
Route map: Google
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 224.|