SS Copenhagen (1898)
|Owner:||Glasgow Shipowners Company, Ltd.|
|Launched:||22 February 1898|
|Length:||325 ft (99 m)|
|Beam:||47 ft (14 m)|
|Depth:||25.6 ft (7.8 m)|
|Installed power:||3 × triple expansion steam engines|
|Sail plan:||Schooner rig|
|Speed:||8 knots (15 km/h; 9.2 mph)|
|Location||Broward County, Florida, US|
|Nearest city||Pompano Beach, Florida|
|NRHP Reference #||01000532|
|Added to NRHP||31 May 2001|
SS Copenhagen is a shipwreck off the town of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Florida, United States. The single screw steamer was built in Sunderland, England in 1898, sinking in 1900. Located on the Pompano Dropoff reef south of Hillsboro Inlet, it became the fifth Florida Underwater Archaeological Preserve when it was dedicated in 1994. There is a plaque noting this distinction south of the wreck. This was followed on 31 May 2001 with its addition to the US National Register of Historic Places.
- "SS Copenhagen". rob-robson.com. Archived from the original on 15 July 2011. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- Barnette, Michael C. (2003). Shipwrecks of the sunshine state: Florida's submerged history. Association of Underwater Explorers. ISBN 0-9743036-0-7.
- Barnette, Michael C. "SS Copenhagen". Association of Underwater Explorers. Archived from the original on 6 June 2008. Retrieved 2009-06-06.
- "SS Copenhagen Underwater Archaeological Preserve Lauderdale By The Sea, Florida" (pdf). museumsinthesea.com. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- "Exploring the Copenhagen State Underwater Archaeological Preserve" (pdf). museumsinthesea.com. Retrieved 2012-08-22.
- Broward County listings at National Register of Historic Places
- SS Copenhagen at Florida's Underwater Archaeological Preserves
- SS Copenhagen at Florida Heritage Tourism Interactive Catalog
- Museums in the Sea SS Copenhagen
|This article about a property in Broward County, Florida on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Florida protected area related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to archaeology in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a shipwreck is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|