|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Launched||21 February 1992 (as Star TV)
17 April 1996 (as Star Plus)
|Owned by||21st Century Fox|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV),
|Slogan||Rishta Wahi, Soch Nayi(Same Relationship, New Way Of Thinking)|
Channel V India
Fox Movies Premium
Fox Sports Asia
STAR Sports India
STAR Sports 2
STAR World India
|DVB-T2 (India)||Check local frequencies|
|[StarSat TV [Previously named TopTV]] (South Africa)||Channel 165|
|Bell Satellite TV (Canada)||Channel 702 (via ATN)|
|Dialog TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 24|
|DirecTV (USA)||Channel 2001|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 696 (SD) / Channel 696 (HD) |
|CanalSat Maurice (Mauritius)||Channel 148|
|Parabole Maurice (Mauritius)||Channel 40|
|Parabole Madagascar (Madagascar)||Channel 40|
|Parabole Réunion (Réunion)||Channel 40|
|Pehla (Middle East)||Channel 31|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 784 (SD)
Channel 839 (HD)
|SKY TV (New Zealand)||Channel 315|
|Vision Asia (Australia & New Zealand)||Channel 5|
|Cignal Digital TV (Philippines)||Channel 06|
|OSN (Middle East
& North Africa)
|CableAmerica (USA)||Channel 471|
|Cincinnati Bell (USA)||Channel 622|
|Cogeco Cable (Canada)||Channel 531 (via ATN)|
|Cox Cable (USA)||Channel 275|
|EnTouch (USA)||Channel 520|
|GVTC Cable (USA)||Channel 799|
|DEN Networks (India)||Channel 101|
|Hathway (India)||Channel 1|
|OpenBand (USA)||Channel 783|
|RCN (USA)||Channel 481|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 831 (via ATN)|
|San Bruno Cable (USA)||Channel 233|
|Shaw Cable (Canada)||Channel 530 (via ATN)|
|SkyCable (Philippines)||Channel 155 (Digital)|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 126|
|Time Warner Cable (USA)||Channel 565|
|Virgin TV (UK)||Channel 803|
|Destiny Cable (Philippines)||Channel 155 (Digital)|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 246 (Digital)|
|Ziggo (Netherlands)||Channel 760|
|AT&T U-verse (USA)||Channel 3706|
|Bell Fibe TV (Canada)||Channel 811 (via ATN)|
|Optik TV (Canada)||Channel 520 (via ATN)|
|Verizon FiOS (USA)||Channel 1751|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||
Channel 656Myt tv watch/ MyT tv channels
|My.T (Mauritius)||Channel 93|
|PEO TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 88|
|Now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 794|
Star Plus is a Hindi language general entertainment television channel based in India. Star Plus channel is part of 21st Century Fox's STAR India network. The shows include a mix of family dramas, comedies, youth-oriented, reality shows, shows on crime and telefilms. The channel is also distributed worldwide by Fox International Channels, subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.
In September 2015, The channel aired its first Urdu language Pakistani television serial—Mera Naam Yusuf Hai starring Imran Abbas and Maya Ali in lead roles. The serial was aired on Star Plus after the success of Pakistani dramas on another Indian channels Zindagi and Rishtey, thus making it the first international drama to be aired on the channel. The serial broke all the records of the channel and became the most watched and the most critical and commercial successful drama to be ever aired on Star Plus.
When it was first launched on 21 February 1992, Star Plus was an English-language television channel showing international content from the U.S., the UK and Australia, with Zee TV being the Hindi-language channel. However, after STAR (subsequently acquired by News Corporation) ended its relationship with Zee TV, Star Plus was transformed into a Hindi-language channel, with STAR World becoming the network's English-language channel.
In 2000, the company's CEO Sameer Nair and programming chief Tarun Katial introduced a number of new shows, which helped to solidify the channel's position as the leader in the Hindi general entertainment space.
Star Plus HD, along with Star Gold HD, Star Movies HD and Star World HD, Star sports HD was launched on 15 April 2011. Star Plus HD carries the same schedule as the SD feed, but with different commercials. Star Plus HD was set to launch in both the United Kingdom and Ireland by the end of 2011, but it was delayed until 5 July 2012.
- "AT&T U-verse Channel Line-Up – TV Channel Listings". AT&T. 2012-11-03.
- "TV Guide". TopTV. 2012-11-03.
- "Multicultural and international channels – Bell TV". Bell.ca. 2012-11-03.
- "Dialog » Personal » TV » Channels". Dialog Axiata PLC. 2012-11-03.
- "South Asian TV Channels – Watch South Asian TV Shows Available on DIRECTV". DIRECTV. 2012-11-03.
- "Hindi Satellite Packages". DISH International. 2012-11-03.
- "Parabole Madagascar". Parabole Madagascar. 2012-11-03.
- "Parabole Réunion". Parabole Réunion. 2012-11-03.
- "Pehla > Channels". Pehla. 2012-11-03.
- "Sky Guide TV Listings – Sky". Sky. 2014-10-17.
- "Special Interest Channels". SKY TV. 2012-11-03.
- "Vision Asia Packages". Vision Asia. 2012-11-03.
- "Digital Cable TV Channels". Cogeco. 2012-11-03.
- "Channel lineup serving Northern Virginia". Cox Communications. 2012-11-03.
- "Channel List". Hathway. 2012-11-03.
- "South Asian International Channels". RCN. 2012-11-03.
- "Rogers – Programming and Channels". Rogers. 2012-11-03.
- "Shaw Television – Find the complete list of channels in your area". Shaw. 2012-11-03.
- "StarHub – TV – Package Builder for TV". StarHub. 2012-11-03.
- "Hindi TV". Time Warner Cable. 2012-11-03.
- "TV Listings – TV & Radio". Virgin Media. 2012-11-03.
- "Bell Fibe TV – Programming". Bell. 2012-11-03.
- "Channels & packages". TELUS. 2012-11-03.
- "Premium TV Channels – FiOS TV". Verizon. 2012-11-03.
- "Mera Naam Yusuf Hai to hit the screens on Indian Channel". Dawn News. Retrieved 7 March 2015.
- Rashid Nazir Ali (27 November 2014). "Mera Naam Yusuf Hai to be aired on Star Plus". review it. Retrieved 11 June 2015.
- Flegg, Michael (10 September 2001). "India's Star TV Leaps to Top Spot Due to Game Shows, Soap Operas". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 19 September 2001.
- "History Star Plus Global". Star Plus Global. Retrieved 6 July 2015.
- Star Plus UK to launch HD Channel – http://media247.co.uk/bizasia/newsarchive/2011/02/exclusive_star_5.php
- Star Plus HD UK Date Confirmed – http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/star-plus-hd-to-launch-in-july-in-uk