|Founded||Parsippany, New Jersey (1989)|
|Headquarters||Mount Arlington, New Jersey, United States|
|Donald J. Surdoval (President & CEO), Doug Culmone (COO), Al Chambers (Sr. VP, Finance & Administration), Dom Costantino (VP, Development Production, NJ), Mike Alvord (VP, Application Development, NJ), Steve Ross (VP, Application Development, FL), Marilyn Durning (VP, Client Services)|
|Products||STORIS Leading Retail Software Solutions  STORIS Cloud Subscription.|
STORIS, Inc. is a privately owned American company that provides furniture retail software to the home furnishing retailing industry. STORIS' clients consist of Top 100 retailers including Ethan Allen, Ashley Furniture HomeStores, Bassett, Mathis Brothers, Arhaus, and American Furniture Warehouse, among many others.
STORIS, Inc. was founded in 1989 by Ira Bakst and Donald J. Surdoval. The company was formed after Donald J. Surdoval and Ira Bakst purchased the STORIS division from the Ultimate Corporation. In August 2003, Ira Bakst retired from STORIS. Since then, Donald Surdoval has led the company as its President and Chief Executive Officer.
Corporate headquarters for STORIS is located in Mount Arlington, New Jersey. An additional Research & Development office is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida. STORIS employs approximately 130 people.
STORIS targets the furniture, bedding, consumer electronics, casual furniture, appliances, billiards, and fitness equipment retail markets. STORIS conducts business both domestically and internationally throughout North America, the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Mexico.
STORIS is represented at various trade shows and industry markets such as the High Point Market, World Market Center Las Vegas, Casual Market, BrandSource, ICFA Conference, Neco Foxwoods, Bedding Conference, MEGA Group, Nationwide Tradeshows and Furniture 1st Symposium .
STORIS is best known for their software solutions for the home furnishings industry. STORIS delivery a fully integrated Unified Commerce solution that provides real-time information across brick and mortar, eCommerce and mobile devices. Their highly scalable technology provides complete control over all retail business channels to increase profitability, facilitate growth and create operational efficiencies. STORIS functionality includes Point of Sale, Inventory Control, Merchandising, Customer Service, Logistics, Business Intelligence, Accounting and Financing.
- Furniture World Magazine (March 14, 2011): STORIS Continues Enhancements in New 8.8 Release.
- Home Furnishings Business (January 28, 2010): Storis lands 4 Bedding Clients.
- Furniture Today (September 15, 2003): STORIS founder Bakst retires.
- CoStar Group (June 13, 2005): STORIS Moves to Mount Arlington Corp. Center.
- Furniture World Magazine (May 1, 2000): STORIS Expands Research and Development Office.
- Home Furnishings Business (April 22, 2011): Serta Partners With STORIS.
- Furniture World Magazine, Retail Technology Tip #9 From STORIS, August 3, 2016
- Furniture Today, STORIS Ranked as a Leader in Gartner's FrontRunners Retail Technology Analysis, March 24, 2017
- Furniture Today, STORIS 9.8 Release Enhances Mobility and eCommerce Capabilities, May 9, 2017
- Furniture Today, STORIS Named as a Best Place to Work in NJ for 2017 by NJBIZ, March 3, 2017
- Furniture Today, STORIS Launches New Integrated eCommerce Solution, eSTORIS, January 20, 2017
- Home Furnishings Business, STORIS Releases Latest Software Updates, May 11, 2017
- Casual Living, Five Buying Tools to Maximize Revenue, May 7, 2017
- Casual Living, Unified Commerce, March 13, 2017