|Also known as||STV News at Six,
STV News at Eight,
STV News at Ten,
Good Morning Scotland
|Directed by||West edition:
|Presented by||West edition:
|Theme music composer||Paul Leonard-Morgan|
|Country of origin||Scotland|
|Executive producer(s)||Gordon MacMillan|
Donald John MacDonald
|Running time||STV News at Six:
|Production company(s)||STV Central,
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)|
|Original release||23 March 2009– present|
|Preceded by||Scotland Today
|Related shows||Scotland Tonight|
|STV News website|
STV News is a Scottish regional news service produced by STV. The news department produces four regional services covering STV's two Channel 3 franchise areas of Northern and Central Scotland. Additional bulletins also air on local TV channels STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh.
STV's news programmes are produced from studios in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen with reporters also based at newsrooms in Dundee and Inverness and political correspondents based at Holyrood and Westminster. Freelance correspondents and camera crews are based on the Orkney and Shetland Isles, Wick and Fort William with a permanent Western Isles correspondent based in Stornoway.
In addition to its daily bulletins and online services, STV News also produces some non-news programming including current affairs (Scotland Tonight), one-off feature specials and documentaries.
STV North, East and West
Three separate editions of STV News at Six air on STV Central (West and East) and STV North each weeknight at 6pm.
The main evening programmes are supplemented by shorter STV News bulletins seven days a week:
- Good Morning Scotland (not to be confused with the BBC Radio Scotland programme of the same name) updates for the North and Central regions during Good Morning Britain at around 6:10am, 7:10am and 8:10am each weekday.
- Lunchtime bulletins for the North and Central regions at 1:55pm each weekday.
- Headline updates for the North, East and West regions at 8pm each weeknight (except when primetime football matches are being broadcast by STV).
- Late news bulletins for the North, East and West regions during Scotland Tonight (on air from 10.30pm to 11pm) on Monday to Thursday; and after ITV News at Ten on Fridays.
- Weekend bulletins, broadcast across all regions from Glasgow - one on Saturday evenings, one on Sunday evenings.
In the North, viewers in Tayside and north east Fife receive a separate 5-minute bulletin during the main STV News at Six each weeknight, presented and produced from STV's studios at Seabraes in Dundee and directed from a technical gallery in Aberdeen. While the Tayside bulletin is broadcast, viewers further north see more news from the north-east, Highlands and Islands, broadcast from the main studio in Aberdeen.
Previously in the Central region,  viewers in the West and East areas received 5-minute bulletins within the main evening programme - STV News West covered the area from Tobermory to Falkirk, with the presenter based in the main studio in Glasgow. Meanwhile, STV News East covered the area from Anstruther to Dunbar and was presented and produced at STV's Edinburgh studios. The full-length separate STV News at Six programmes for the two areas were launched on Monday 23 May 2011. 
STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh
On Monday 2 June 2014, a secondary news service, STV Glasgow News, was launched as part of the local television channel STV Glasgow. This was followed by the launch of a news service for STV Edinburgh on Monday 12 January.
Both channels previously produced their own bespoke bulletins at 10pm, as well as joint bulletins throughout the day - however since 2016, all bulletins (except STV News at Six) are pan-regional across both channels.
- A rolling service of short updates (from the Glasgow newsroom) and text news airs from midday until 2.00pm every day.
- Short 5-minute bulletins air every hour from 3pm on weekdays.
- STV News at Eight, a local half-hour programme airs weeknights at 8pm, separate editions for each city.
- STV News at Ten, an in-depth half-hour programme airs at 10pm each weeknight, pan-regional across both channels.
- Short 5-minute bulletins air at 2pm on weekends.
- A half hour STV News Review airs at 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
Both channels also simulcast their respective local editions of STV News at Six.
|STV News at Six|
|West||John MacKay||Scotland Tonight presenter|
|East||Laura Miller||Maternity leave|
|Lucy Whyte||Maternity cover|
|North||Norman MacLeod||Occasional lunchtime/late presenter|
|Andrea Brymer||Occasional lunchtime/late presenter|
|Susan Nicholson||Main Tayside opt presenter|
|Glasgow and the West|
|Mike Edwards||Senior Reporter|
|Colin Stone||Production Journalist|
|Grant Lauchlan||Entertainment Correspondent|
|Kelly Ann Woodland||Good Morning Britain opts and lunchtime presenter|
|Edinburgh, Fife and the Lothians|
|David Cowan||Chief Reporter|
|Ross Govans||News Editor|
|Chris Harvey||Broadcast Journalist (Aberdeen)||Relief bulletin/sports presenter|
|Mark Hirst||Orkney Reporter (freelance)|
|Bernard Ponsonby||Political Editor||Based in Glasgow|
|Colin Mackay||Holyrood Editor||Based in Edinburgh|
|Harry Smith||Westminster Correspondent||Based in London|
|STV Sport team|
|Paul Barnes||East Sports Editor/presenter||Based in Edinburgh|
|Raman Bhardwaj||West Sports Editor/presenter||Based in Glasgow|
|Tyrone Smith||North Sports Editor/presenter||Based in Aberdeen|
|Jamie Borthwick||Sports Reporter||Based in Edinburgh. Occasional relief Sports presenter (East)|
|Stefani Dailly||Sports Reporter||Based in Dundee. Occasional relief Sports presenter/Tayside newsreader|
|Sheelagh McLaren||Sports Reporter||Based in Glasgow. Relief Sports presenter (West/East)|
|Grant Russell||Sports News Correspondent||Based in Glasgow|
|STV Weather team|
|Seán Batty||Regional Weather Presenter||Based in Glasgow|
|Jo Farrow||Relief Regional Weather Presenter||Based in Edinburgh|
The studios in which the news broadcasts from in Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow are fully automated, the cameras are controlled from the gallery, the only people in the studio are the presenters.
- "Glasgow-based composer goes from STV to Limitless possibilities". STV Entertainment (STV). 5 April 2011. Retrieved 7 October 2011.
- ].pdf "STV confirms launch of extra news programme and more localised bulletins" (PDF). STV Group plc. 18 January 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "Here is the news from Edinburgh: STV to produce UK’s most local news service". STV News. 18 January 2011. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
|RTS Scotland Awards
News Coverage: Clutha Helicopter Crash