|Hubs||Argyle International Airport|
|Company slogan||Your Wings to Paradise!|
|Headquarters||Argyle, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
SVG AIR is an airline company located at the Argyle International Airport, Argyle, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines that operates both scheduled and charter flight services within the Eastern Caribbean islands as far north as Jamaica and as far south as Guyana. St. Vincent and the Grenadines Air or SVG AIR, is a national airline, along with Mustique Airways.
SVG AIR's main operating base is in St. Vincent but has a maintenance hangar on the island of Bequia and other bases in Barbados, Grenada, Carriacou, Antigua and Barbuda, Montserrat and the Grenadine islands of: Bequia, Canouan and Union Island.
The airline was established in 1990 and started operations in September 1990. It began operations with a single leased Britten-Norman Islander. The company is largely owned (75%) by St Vincent Grenada Air and operated by the Gravel and Barnard families.
Incidents and accidents
- 19 November 2006 - SVG Air Aero Commander 500S, on a flight from Canouan to Saint Vincent, was over the western end of Bequia on its final approach to Saint Vincent when it vanished. There was no distress call. Wreckage was found in the sea. The pilot and single passenger are presumed dead.
- 5 August 2010 - SVG Aircraft on a flight from Saint Vincent to Canouan crashed off Canouan with only the pilot on board - not found.
The SVG Air fleet comprises the following aircraft (as of August 2016):
|De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter||7||—|
The SVG Air fleet previously included the following aircraft (as of March 2007):
- SVG AIR Website - FlySVGAIR
- SVG AIR Services
- SVG AIR Scheduled Flights
- SVG AIR Chartered Flights
- SVG AIR Handling Services
- SVG AIR Destinations
- SVG AIR Contact Page