|Full name||Spielverein Seligenporten e.V.|
|League||Regionalliga Bayern (IV)|
|2016–17||Regionalliga Bayern, 16th|
SV Seligenporten is a German association football club from Pyrbaum, Bavaria. It is part of a sportsclub established 23 July 1949 which also has departments for handball, Ju-Jitsu, horseback riding, dancing, singing, and women's recreational sport.
The footballers first rose above amateur level in Middle Franconia when they earned promotion to the Landesliga Bayern-Mitte (V) in 2004. The enjoyed a successful 2006–07 campaign that saw them beat FC Augsburg II 3–0 on their way to a 1–0 win over Würzburger FV in the final of the Bavarian Cup. This earned the club an appearance in the opening round of the DFB-Pokal (German Cup) where they were eliminated 0–2 by Bundesliga side Arminia Bielefeld.
SVS experienced a difficult 2008–09 season and had to continue its fight for Bayernliga survival in the post-season, having finished on equal points with Würzburger FV (14th) and TSV Rain am Lech (16th) and therefore requiring a set of deciders to be played. After losing to Rain 5–1 and beating Würzburg 4–0, the team had to face FC Affing in the promotion/relegation round. A 3–0 victory over Affing put the club into the final, where it faced SpVgg Landshut and won 1–0, retaining its Bayernliga status.
After three seasons in the league with a seventh place in 2014 as its best result the club finished seventeenth in 2014–15 and was relegated from the league but won the Bayernliga Nord in 2015–16 and made a direct return to the Regionalliga.
The club's honours:
|2000–01||Bezirksliga Mittelfranken-Süd||1st ↑|
|2003–04||Bezirksoberliga Mittelfranken||2nd ↑|
|2007–08||Landesliga Bayern-Mitte||2nd ↑|
|2014–15||Regionalliga Bayern||17th ↓|
|2015–16||Bayernliga Nord||V||1st ↑|
- With the introduction of the Bezirksoberligas in 1988 as the new fifth tier, below the Landesligas, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the establishment of the Regionalliga Bayern as the new fourth tier in Bavaria in 2012 the Bayernliga was split into a northern and a southern division, the number of Landesligas expanded from three to five and the Bezirksoberligas abolished. All leagues from the Bezirksligas onward were elevated one tier.
|↑ Promoted||↓ Relegated|
Recent managers of the club:
|Karsten Wettberg||April 2009||30 June 2013|
|Florian Schlicker||1 July 2013|
DFB Cup appearances
The club has qualified for the first round of the German Cup just once:
|DFB-Pokal 2007–08||First round||5 August 2007||SV Seligenporten||Arminia Bielefeld||0–2||3,500|
Source:"DFB-Pokal" (in German). Weltfussball.de. Retrieved 14 June 2009.
- Bayernliga: Platzierungsspiele/Relegation (in German) Bayliga.de, accessed: 14 June 2009
- Das war die Relegation 2012 auf Verbandsebene (in German) fupa.net, published: 7 June 2012, accessed 8 June 2012
- Regionalliga Bayern table 2013–14 kicker.de, accessed: 16 June 2014
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (in German) Historical German domestic league tables
- Fussball.de – Ergebnisse (in German) Tables and results of all German football leagues
- SV Seligenporten .:. Trainer von A-Z (in German) weltfussball.de, accessed: 9 May 2013
- DFB-Pokal 2007/2008 .:. 1. Runde Match report, accessed: 14 June 2009